Dash change to MPH

kyle_d

Member +
If i get a glanza that is still in Km/h how do you go about getting it changed to MPH as im sure there's more to it than just swapping the dials over and how much does it cost roughly?

Thanks

WallaceGlanza

Member +
You only need it done by a pro if you're wanting to convert the current reading on the odometer in km to the equivalent in miles aswell as the actual speed reading, most people just fit the speedo converter then remember what the mileage was when fitted.

A speedo converter can be had off ebay for £45 and takes 5 mins to fit, more if you need to remove the airbox for access but its still quick and easy.

Kelly

Member +
Thanks, what's the rough price of it done by a professional?

i got quoted around 100 quid for a proper conversion into mph so all the dials and mileage was all in mph .

i cant stand it when ppl whack the convertor on the gearbox and up to xxxx amount of mileage its in kph and then it changes to mph just doesnt seem legit when it would be time to sell.

WallaceGlanza

Member +
i got quoted around 100 quid for a proper conversion into mph so all the dials and mileage was all in mph .

i cant stand it when ppl whack the convertor on the gearbox and up to xxxx amount of mileage its in kph and then it changes to mph just doesnt seem legit when it would be time to sell.

If you still have the certificate from when it was imported showing the mileage at that date then I don't see the problem.

kyle_d

Member +
Hmm, so around 50-100. Not too bad i suppose. I would probabley stick some stickers on the speedo for a while then get it done after a while. Does anyone feel it makes it feel more JDM if its still in Kmh? haha.

BallıGee

Member +

i cant stand it when ppl whack the converter on the gearbox and up to xxxx amount of mileage its in kph and then it changes to mph just doesn't seem legit when it would be time to sell.

well done Kelly thats why i said get it done legit way don't just put the converter on

if you want a converter Dave b sells them heres a link and go to your local dealer to get the clocks adjusted it wont brake the bank

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=10

dac69er

Super Moderator
well done Kelly thats why i said get it done legit way don't just put the converter on

if you want a converter Dave b sells them heres a link and go to your local dealer to get the clocks adjusted it wont brake the bank

http://www.tm-developments.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=10

whats not legit about it. your basically paying someone to clock your car if you think about it. yes its reading correctly in mph, but as long as you know what it was before and after thats all the matters.

one of my cars has read the same mileage on the mot for the last 3 years ;) do i care???? no!

Kelly

Member +
My car is stil in kph prob always will be, but i know you said your paying someone clock your car in theory but its their living and they have be legit and take record of everything otherwise its bye bye job. I wasnt guna pay just anyone to do it either that was a quote from a legit business not a foreign jobby.

if your not bothered about the mileage being in kph do what duncan has said just get a different speedo front.

BallıGee

Member +
whats not legit about it. your basically paying someone to clock your car if you think about it. yes its reading correctly in mph, but as long as you know what it was before and after thats all the matters.

one of my cars has read the same mileage on the mot for the last 3 years ;) do i care???? no!

no your paying some to convert it from km to miles there is a difference !

dac69er

Super Moderator
no your paying some to convert it from km to miles there is a difference !

i realise there is a difference. but i cant see how that is any more legit than making a note of the mileage before fitting a converter.
you are still altering the odometer reading, so it is essentially clocking the car.

bollocks to paying someone £100 to do something like that. just money for old rope.

without a full service history from japan and loads of relevant documents and checks to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that is the cars true mileage its not worth the bother as it may have been clocked before being sold, either in japan or in the uk.

CMR

Member +
mine just has a different speedo face on it and no convertor. still counts up in km ;)

Yeah same.

I cant be arsed when I come to sell it saying well, it had so 70,000 KM on when i got it, then i fitted the converter so its now showing 80,000 KM BUT 9000 are miles etc.

cole

Member +
Hmm, so around 50-100. Not too bad i suppose. I would probabley stick some stickers on the speedo for a while then get it done after a while. Does anyone feel it makes it feel more JDM if its still in Kmh? haha.

haha it does in a way mate

its not hard to get used to

just under 50 kms ( like 48 ) is 30mph so i always did about 45 through a speed camera

100 kms is 60 mph etc

180 is 110 ( not that youd need to no that ;) lol )

kyle_d

Member +
Ha, shouldnt be that hard then. Bet it is wierd for the first few journeys though :| same with the indicator lol, but my dads jeep is an import and on the wrong side so its just a matter of getting used to it.