de-efi piping..

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
how much of a gain is it if i take my efi pipe of guys...i raced it at weekend and the guy that drove it said it was the filter thats holdin it back so ive decided to take it of..any help is welcome guys...thx

monka

Member +
you've taken it off and replaced it with what? how does the guy know its holding it back? there are plenty of other things on them when standard that hold them back

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
it does remove a restriction but on the flipside can lead to problems such as boost creep.

toytuning do a relocation kit :)

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
i dont now how he new he just said it was holding it back i wonderd how he knew but then again he races day in and day out so i thought to trust him this time...my mods so far are ,actuator,runing at .8bar(due to standard ecu) blitz bov, and a k'n'n air filter, every bit of wait i could save i did with the spare wheel being replaed by a car of puncture fix, and light weight wheels..do you think its worth the hastle taking the efi pipe of and replacing it with a direct filter or even meshing it(ime actually in the middle of replacing it as we speak)

kieran.s gt

Member +
well u wont have enough room to put on a filter directly
so choices u have is mesh the turbo , relocation kit or just leave it as it is

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
wel ive got a relocation kit that has been custom made and heat proofed by ,global iced wired ,but i just wanted to now if its worth the hastle and time of taking it of and replacing it...will it really have a decent efect..?

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
yes the filter fits directly to the front bumper to force air into it ...as i got told by a reliable source the more air the better..? how would i now if i had it and how would i get rid of it...have prob seen a thread for this but am just a bit rusty at the moment as i took a while of fixing the beast lol! ..

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
because since i took the standard bov off and replaced it with a blitz ime convinved its got slower?? even though ime running it at .8 bar now...and then this guy pops up and says the filter is restriciting it so ime wondering if ive fitted the bov wrong and wether the relocation kit will kinda give me this back...thx for all the help neal

kieran.s gt

Member +
shouldn,t have got slower
check all pipes for leaks
when i put mine to.80 originally stock boost i noticed a nice diffrence in power

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
thats what i thought at first surely cant have got slower as we were running at standard bar with a standard bov then i changed them both and me and the guy that drives it are convinced its got slower? but i was thinking we got used to the speed but ime not sure?? so now i just wantedf to now how much of a diffrence i will get changing the efi pipe to a front mounted filter?..also is therte any easy way of checing this? ive got a boost gauge and this is reading .8 so surely it must be quicker?

starletgt.neal

The Brightest BULB
exelent while ime doing this i think ill re-check everything and make sure nothing loose as ime going to take thie bov of to get to the efi...thx for the help guys will be back in 10mins to tell you how it went lol!..

kieran.s gt

Member +
exelent while ime doing this i think ill re-check everything and make sure nothing loose as ime going to take thie bov of to get to the efi...thx for the help guys will be back in 10mins to tell you how it went lol!..

it will take more than ten min to get the efi pipe off:p