Decent site to buy head units

Hey guys and gals,

Im gonna be in the market to upgrade my stereo over the next few months, and the first thing that has to be changed is my crappy pioneer head unit (which is mostly in japanese so cant understand what the hell im doing!!)

What websites do people recommend?
Im preferably looking for an alpine unit, as I swear by them, and have in the region of £200-300 to spend.

Also, if I change my head unit will I still need to use a radio band expander thingy in order to pickup uk radio stations?

cheers

Morph

Member +
Avoid car audio centre mate as there a nightmare it took 6 months to get a refund for a set of speakers i bought from them that looked secondhand and were broken on delivery but most places are good ill find out where my missus got her headunit from as there really good and helpful.

single DIN mate, nothing fancy like DVD etc, just a good clear sounding cd player. Preferably with in built amp so I dont have to run an amp to start with

monka

Member +
i work at a car audio shop mate, called ultimate in car

website - ultimateincar.co.uk

although thats currently being upgraded.

what are you looking for in terms of your headunits? we have just got the new range of alpine headunits in

the cde 105 is the best 'normal' headunit out at the moment and in that price range, otherwise i'd recomend the 104 or 103

cool, cheers.

I wanna buy from tinternet really, as its usually cheaper. Cant be doing with dealing with the likes of halfrauds and similar as they tend to just mess you around and i'd probly come out with my blitz ecu missing, turbo timer opeing the windows and alarm squirting my washer jets in my eye :freddy:

rb69

Member +
Personally I would go for something like an Alpine. If you are after a kenwood on the other hand, try this site out. www.justkenwood.co.uk It's all kenwood stuff but it is dirt cheap. I bought my first headunit from them and I definitely recommend them.

Ok cheers for the replies lads, I shall have a butchers on there.

Just been reading up as well, and if I buy a new head unit I shouldn't need a radio band expander so thats all good. Respect I mean rep out to you all :p

monka

Member +
if you want mate,
give us a call, we do a postal service as well. and most websites arent even advertising the 105 yet

I may pm you around pay day to take you up on that offer mate, although I have seen a pretty good unit on that caraudiosecurity site. think it was bout £139.99 when RRP is something stupid like £299.99 :eek:

But we shall see

addz

Member +
Car audio and security is a good place, cant got wrong with an Alpine h/u.

They also price matched a DVD stereo for my brother.

D1v

Member +
Double din cd players is a nightmare to find if you not using internet, went to halfords and i swear this is wat the guy said to me " Your cars an import so really its not meant to be here in the first place thats why we do not have them!" lol knob :mad: