DEFI question?

sanchez

Member +
Right i have the DEFI din gauge unit and a DEFI racer ( i think, white face?) boost gauge.

Wondering if i need to use the DEFI control box with this setup?
As i got the box when i had the BF series gauges, so not sure if i still use it?

Cheers guys :)

weakboy2

Member +
din gauges are in built in, should all link in together? i have them in my charade. not sure about the other one tho

sanchez

Member +
din gauges are in built in, should all link in together? i have them in my charade. not sure about the other one tho

Sorry mate, not sure what your saying?

You saying i dont need to hook the din gauges to the control box, but will with the boost gauge?

sanchez

Member +
Lol was hoping you would see this Wallace, was about o post on uksc bit its down? :confused:

Its the same as your boost gage mate? :)

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Mine is a link series gauge so you will need a controller, either series 1 or 2.

Yeah UKSC seems fubbarred and enzo is away too.

sanchez

Member +
Ah ok mate, so only need it to hook the boost gauge up?
The din gauges will be fine on there own?

Ah really thats not good :confused:

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Yeah the din has its own wires for power earth etc But the link series gauges get the power from the control unit. It's so that when you add more gauges later all you need to do is connect them to the control unit and not do any further wiring.

smashed 01

Fresh Recruit
Anyone know how to hook up the boost gauge to the control box?

With the boost gauge i got the wire that goes into the back then goes to the vacuum, and a little bit of cable about 10 inches long, which is useless because its sooo short? (is that just to link to the next gauge?)

sanchez

Member +
I think i need to buy another power cable for the control box to work, something like £10 on rhdjapan...

but why is the wire i have been supplied with the boost controller so short? :mad: lol

Can i cut and extend it?

stuarty1

Member +
is it defo a wire for power i hav them in mine the cool but a hastle lol there is one that has to go to a power sorce such as the ignition them a small wire that runs from one to another so sorce it power i also hav a small black bow in the ingion bay no bigger than a inch

sanchez

Member +
Did you buy your control box new dude? did it come wit the power wire?

As i got mine second hand, no wires, so im thinking that i need to buy a power cable..

Yeah got the wire that goes to engine bay for vacuum, but the wire that goes to the control box is really short, so thinking about cutting and extending it?

stuarty1

Member +
yea you can do that strip a bit of wire and attach it so you can and it will link it up should be fine could not c y it would not work

WallaceGlanza

Member +
I think i need to buy another power cable for the control box to work, something like £10 on rhdjapan...

but why is the wire i have been supplied with the boost controller so short? :mad: lol

Can i cut and extend it?

When bought new the control unit will come with one long cable to connect the first gauge then the gauges after that just need a short one to connect to each other, there is then another plug for the control unit to connect the power, earth sidelights and ignition.