Dodgy Call**

SaRfI

Member +
hi lads i placed an add on carzone.ie yesterday needed a quick sale ,so today i received an call from some man who said he is speaking from finance company and we give money to people who are interested in cars on(car zone particular), and said we saw your add and we know you need quick sale we have an customers who are interested in your car ,then he explained how does it work we need your debit card details and we will take 149 Euro from it when all the transaction is finished we will pass your number to our customers who are very interested in your car and then yous can arrange to view car if the deals go ahead they will pay you the amount you stated for your car and after that we will credit you your money back!

so guys what do you think is it a trap??? THE man sounded dodgy to be to be honest ,what do you guys think of it ??? has any one else try to sell their car on car zone and received an such a call??:)

riko666

Member +
yup, I've had people try that with me too - they pretty much say they'll "sell it for you", but just take your money and your car, and you're left off rocking gently and talking sweet nothings to yourself in the spot where your car used to be

SaRfI

Member +
cheers lads it did sound weird when i told him to give me your company name and address and ill personally hand you the money ...he said no sorry we have to do transaction by debit card :flame: ....definitely Wouldn't be falling for this SCAM ..thanks again lads

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
cheers lads it did sound weird when i told him to give me your company name and address and ill personally hand you the money ...he said no sorry we have to do transaction by debit card :flame: ....definitely Wouldn't be falling for this SCAM ..thanks again lads

should have told him you have an account in Cavan International Airport hahaha

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
LOL... ask can you pay him cash with €15 notes
LOL

Last one that rang me, told them i lived in Ballyslaphappy, beside Cavan International Airport, Southill

some one in southhill got a lovely letter so hahaha

There what you call CANVASSERS m8, 3rd party, bit like carzone, autorader etc but they make you pay a fee of say £50 to host your car and details of car on there website which is also shown on say another 1000 car selling websites. It aint a scam at all but your very unlikely to get your car sold through them. In your carzone ad you should state NO CANVASSERS although this wont really stop them from phoning you!

gv1.3

Admin
regardless of if its legit or not.. you would have to be mental to give your card details to some stranger ringing you.

Jamray

Member +
I had this aswell when i advertised my car on pistonheads, the call was like something off the fonejacker lol just tell em where to go....:shoot: