Don't you just miss the old BTCC?

gv1.3

Admin
I loved it.. it was the most exciting racing Ive ever watched. Now the only thing I think comes close is motoGP

sx_turbo

Lifer
the old btcc was the best

the same as the old f1 from the 70's and back.

nowadays everything is just to clinical and technical

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
I loved it.. it was the most exciting racing Ive ever watched. Now the only thing I think comes close is motoGP
agreed!

Love the way they can run each other off the road in BTCC and it goes down as 'a racing incident' :p

gv1.3

Admin
agreed!

Love the way they can run each other off the road in BTCC and it goes down as 'a racing incident' :p

lol... yeah .. youd always someone like Menu or someone just braking way too late and tearing straight through someone.... then they would be out of the cars throwing digs at each other... ah those were the days :)

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
lol... yeah .. youd always someone like Menu or someone just braking way too late and tearing straight through someone.... then they would be out of the cars throwing digs at each other... ah those were the days :)
:D using each other for brakes, because thats allowed! :p lol

Phil

Super Moderator
if you search birmingham superprix btcc you'll see 550bhp rear drive cosworths that once ruled the touring car scene!!

awesome!

hardcoreep

Member +
I've been a BTCC fan from 1994. I'm pretty happy with the way it is now. I'm glued to my TV. The only time i didn't like it was the transition in the rules after 2000. The last three years have been great.

Tony Harrison

Member +
Yeah im a mid 90s BTCC fan but defo not the current state. Same as with F1, pre 1998 it was awesome, would ya get Alonso in a Super Aguri challenging Kimi like Hill did with Schumi in 97? No.

When would you ever see a Volvo 850 T5 estate or any estate again in touring cars? Never. Or like the aformentioned 550bhp cossie?

I grew up also playing BTCC and F1 on the PlayStation, and loved diving that Laguna around, but then when TOCA race driver was out, it wasnt the same driving a Lexus, or the Rover.

I met rydell in 96 at the motor show, i was in awe, only 10 then too!

New BTCC is just pish.

Mike D EP82

Member +
late 90's and early 00 were good like you said, i used to attend knockhill every year for it, great racing action. couldnt beat the saloon cars racing and smashing lol then go home and play it on the station haha

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
mid 90's btcc was the bomb. watching mansell at donny in the wet still amazes me today.

i still enjoy watching it, but it ain't like it used to be (rings true for a lot of things though)

davehart

Member +
I remember mansell in the wet. Poor lad locked the breakes and went flying strigh off the road, remember it took him a few moments to get out the car, with him being such a fat twat back then. Poor lad could not fit in a McLaren on 95 :)

It was so much beter than today like most other forms of motorsport really.

Matt_Seicentos

Member +
I haven't watched any BTCC for the last few years, when I did watch it I used to love watching Menu (when he drove for renault) Rydell, Reid, Cleland and muller. Those were the most entertaining years!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
from them clips it was obviously even, competitive racing, that anybody had a chance to win! you could see they all wanted it desperately non of this tactical crap lol.

they sound very nice also! was a bit young to remember this properly but it is amazing, i think the contact aspect makes it even more exciting tho