DVLA discrepancy...

sanchez

Member +
Right, got my tax renewal reminder through the door 2 days ago, which i was expecting anyway so didnt think much about it.

Anyway today got a letter from the DVLA saying:

'' During the MOT test of the above vehicle (mine) a discrepancy was identified between the details provided by the MOT tester and the vehicle record held by the DVLA.

I regret that we cannot update our records with MOT details until your reply is returned.
Until any possible problems are resolved, you may have difficulty relicensing the the vehicle. ''

Im not really sure what this is all about as my car had its MOT about 6 months ago now??
So why send a letter now??

The only thing i can think of is that my car was MOT'd with stripped rear and was put down as a 2 seater?
Would that cause a problem as it would be on 5 seater on the DVLA records?

Thanks in advance people :D

goldenvtr

Member +
i had the mot with no rear seats and had no probs... maybe the tester was being abit stubbon? my tester has done it fine for the last 4 years - he just puts a note down to cover his back about it.

monkey47

Member +
The DVLA wouldnt let me tax my car online when i first got it they said that i had to write to the dvla to confirm the number of seats. Weird.

sanchez

Member +
The DVLA wouldnt let me tax my car online when i first got it they said that i had to write to the dvla to confirm the number of seats. Weird.

Yeah thats what im thinking mate, this is the first time i taxed the car since the MOT so im thinking that may be the reason.

Will call them tomorrow, more fucking problems :mad:

monkey47

Member +
Or it could be a stubborn tester like was said before. Always problems with the DVLA mate and always waiting for them for some reason!

sanchez

Member +
i had the mot with no rear seats and had no probs... maybe the tester was being abit stubbon? my tester has done it fine for the last 4 years - he just puts a note down to cover his back about it.

What you mean tester being abit stubborn mate?

When i got it done it failed the first time cos it had no rear seatbelts.... which i though was wierd as it had no rear seat?? lol

Then when it was done again it was put through as a 2 seater??

monkey47

Member +
It was put through as a 2 seater on the MOT but was the V5 updated along with it, thats where the discrepancy probably is. They may need to send out a new v5.

Gtstu

Member +
when the tester tests rear seats and there not able to because there folded down or removed they just put a note on the vosa pc saying there unable to test ,that covers them but it seems your mot tester has put t down as a 2 seater so now the dvla think its a two seater and will probably want to change it on there system

sanchez

Member +
Yeah that makes sence mate, or could i just put the seats back in as i was planning to do anyway and get it retested when my engine and everything are up and running?? As its at thte garage that MOTd it anyway...

Gtstu

Member +
probably just easier to tell the dvla they made a mistake you had them out to change the fuel pump or somthing

danb87

South East England Area Rep
What you mean tester being abit stubborn mate?

When i got it done it failed the first time cos it had no rear seatbelts.... which i though was wierd as it had no rear seat?? lol

Then when it was done again it was put through as a 2 seater??

you only need seatbelts if theres seats. you could only have 1 seat ( drivers obs) an wouldn need any others. my previous car was stripped never had any problems even when i went to the garage where i had a row with the year before for failing it. the testers obviously a jobsworth. take it to a diffrent garage next time mate. and definitly phone up dvla an see what the problem is.

monkey47

Member +
The dvla will probably just ask is it 2 or 5 if you say 5 they may see that as your MOT is invalid so i'd personaly be careful. If you say its 2 they will probably send out new docs etc.

sanchez

Member +
So what you think i should say when call up??

2 seats or 5???

And im putting the seats back in anyway??

Repped guys :D

monkey47

Member +
I would say 2 if thats what the MOT says. Then when you put them back get it retested. Never be too carefull, they will try and catch you out with anything these days just to get some cash!

danb87

South East England Area Rep
So what you think i should say when call up??

2 seats or 5???

And im putting the seats back in anyway??

Repped guys :D

wel if your puttin the seats back in say 5 mate. no point having to phone up agen when your next letter says its a 2 seater when its 5 lol save your self some time an hassle. i did it breifly in my gt, makes no diffence to performance imo.

AzE_B

Member +
the mot tester has probly entered different details to whats on the log book

when i mot a car with no rear seats i just advise no rear seat at time of test

scot-ish

Member +
i had this with a wee xsi i had, only 2 seats, tester just said it would cause me hassle, asked if i had the seats, i said yeh, belts, yeh, and well, i walked out with my ticket, otherwise i would prob been in the trouble your in now

just fone them up, say you had the seats out as the inside of the car was being worked on, and all is back in now, they might ask you to get it retested tho