ECC Starlet 2010 Spec list

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
A few people asked me to put up a spec list on the car. The car is now in pieces having work done to it so the spec has changed, but here's the spec from 2010.

INTERIOR
Fully stripped
Carpets removed
Sound deadening removed
Nardi Steering wheel
TRD Gear Nob

EXTERIOR
Aiden Gs reverse bonnet scoop
Various Sponsorship stickers

ENGINE
5E Bottom end
Pauter 5E rods
Weisco 74.5mm low comp pistons
ACL bearings all round
Athena 1.4mm Head gasket
5E ARP headbolts
Polished Crank
Ported and Polished Head
Head chambers matched and deburred
3 Angle valve job
Speed vision valve springs
Speed vision 265deg cams
Sard 550cc Injectors
Sard Type RJ RRFPR
Walbro 255 fuel pump
WEPR Evolution Mani
WEPR Downpipe
WEPR Sidewinder Exhaust
WEPR Radiator
TD05/T34 Hybrid turbo
Silk Road Engine Torque Damper
Wizards of Nos direct port progressive fireing nitrous (150shot)
4 LS1 Coil packs
Magnacore Leads
NGK Heat 8 plug (hot weather HKS heat 9)

ELECTRONICS
Greddy E-01 Boost controler 1.95bar peak pressure, 1.8 constant.
Rear wheel speed sensors to control progressive boost levels
Haltech PS1000 Stand alone ECU
Wizards of Nos Progressive controller
Speed sensor fired Launch control
Rotational Idle
Rally style anti lag (1.7bar when of the throttle changing gears)

HANDLING and Drivetrain
Whiteline Anti Lift kit
Meister R custom drag spec coilovers (Sponsor)
Competition Clutch 4E Iron Man (Sponsor)
3E Toyota Flywheel
Quiafe ATB LSD

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure I've missed bits out but thats about it I think. The majority of the things on that list are changed now, hopefully improving the setup. The fuel system needs completly changed due to maxing the pump.

2011 I'm hoping will be good fun.

Last edited:

GI BOY

Member +
Was in this car at that spec and all i can say is its goin to be mentel its not funny even at the old power.. cant wait for drag racin hope to get my pile up the strip some time this year

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Sx, are you buying a Sidewinder? I have one for sale, the mesh on the flexi is sort of missing but it's 100% sealed, prob 14months old.

GI, yours is nearly there.

Fro

Member +
Sounding good.

Also nice to see someone not keeping their spec sheet under lock and key :haha:

As above, all the best with the drag racing this year (and coming years obviously :haha: )

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Thanks Fro

I just wanted to show people that theres not witch craft involved, all relativly common parts, you just have to be ignorant with the boost and nitrous if you want power.

oh, so was it ever in a starlet or is all the wiring for a mr2, because ive change a few plugs, got rid of some bits and lengthend other bits haha.

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Aye it was direct fit to an MR2 but everything is where it needs to be if u know what I mean, wouldn't have thought many plugs need swapping over.

yeah the wiring loom thats in my ep85 is alot different to most;), just difficult to figure out whats what, as there is not alot of info going about or i am probs just looking in the wrong places:haha:

anyway sorry for spamming, good luck this year mate.
might pop over for a spin and to see this beast in action at some point this year

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Great spec list, is that the full list of mods for this season?

Nah this season has a few different parts, not finalised yet though but parts include new exhaust mani, turbo, exhaust, gearbox, diff, inlet, valve springs, cams, pistons, head studs, main studs, fuel type, nitrous setup and a few other things that are not finalised.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
spuddy what valve springs you go for ?? was talking to gedis and he reckons cruise are to stiff and can cause damage ? might be getting a set of billet cams myself and need some springs to get the most out of them

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Not weighed it yet, still a few lighter parts to put on.

Aye popsy Cruise springs won't do, infact they're only really rated to about 8000rpm safely. Bike springs are what ya need to use.

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
Not weighed it yet, still a few lighter parts to put on.

Aye popsy Cruise springs won't do, infact they're only really rated to about 8000rpm safely. Bike springs are what ya need to use.

care to share some more info on that lol , do ya have to get them made up or what i presume there not direct fit ??