ecu question

mrpeal55

Member +
is there supposed to be a clicking noise when you bridge Te1(T1) and E1? i have bridged the them and all i can hear is this clicking noise but theres no light on in the dash. also does it matter if you start the car up whilst there joined?. cheers for any help anyone can give.

Timmy

Member +
are you sure you've bridged the correct terminals. and it is Te1 not t1, t1 is a different terminal. The clicking noise could be you shorted something.

Jay

Admin
When setting the timing you need to set it into diagnostic mode - the clicking is your idle stabilisation valve bringing the revs down (it's on the drivers side of the inlet manifold)

mrpeal55

Member +
theres was a clicking noise with the engine off. I definetly bridged the right ones though seems funny how the light in the dash doesn't come on aswell, thinking some one has taken the bulb out for some reason

Jay

Admin
Check your earths mate, Somhairle found a loose gearbox earth stopped his diagnostics from working.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i get the constant clicking. its a relay i think. my engine light works ok though, maybe your bulb has blown or something stupid