ecu & under dash harness

zxmcwolf

Fresh Recruit
from which model is the ecu "4efte ECT" ? it has 3 plugs on it..the problem is that i need a new underdash harness and i don't know from which model to get one.My car is a LHD ep81 converted,if i get a harness from a RHD gt will there be any issues on installing it or all i need to do is turn it the other way around?

bongskag

Member +
3 plug is ep91 4efte mate

unwrap parts of the harness so its easier to move about and bend , it sounds like a tricky job tho .. I just hope you don't have to cut / solder it !

zxmcwolf

Fresh Recruit
That's exactly what I want to avoid mate,cutting&soldering. The harness that is on atm is cut everywhere,i mean every single wire is cut and twisted togother with the other half,and the colours don't even match. I can't figure it out..

bongskag

Member +
so you just need the under-dash harness ? is it the same as the engine harness ? they should both be glanza 3 plug ..

Jay

Admin
That sounds like an automatic ECU bro. They switched to three plugs in 1992 so the EP82 GT automatics straight through to the EP91 V automatics would carry the looms. Very little point if the car you are driving is a manual though.

If you get the part number (12345-12345 format on a white sticker in black writing) you can be 100%. The EP91 V manuals used three plug connectors too (1996>).

Hope that helps,

Jay

zxmcwolf

Fresh Recruit
I'll have to check the part nr later,but im almost sure that its a automatic because the valve cover is silver and the tps has 4 pins in it.