efi pipe vacuum hose

monka

Member +
what is the vacuum hose on the efi pipe for? it goes to the boost solinoid so surely it creates some sort of vacuum for the solenoid?
asking as i've seen when people have removed the efi pipe it is just blocked off,

gavgts

Member +
what is the vacuum hose on the efi pipe for? it goes to the boost solinoid so surely it creates some sort of vacuum for the solenoid?
asking as i've seen when people have removed the efi pipe it is just blocked off,

i would also really like to know this bumpp

Craig_GT

Lifer
i think its just a breather mate as surely it aint possible to create a "vacuum" if one end leads into the atmosphere? i.e it leads to the air-filter

i may be wrong so someone correct me if am talkin shit!

Ady

Member +
it just a bleed for the hi/lo solenoid.

i have removed the efi pipe and blocked it off.

gavgts

Member +
so with the efi pipe will it effect performance or anything major

also

1 what do you blouk it off with

2 what happens now the breather isnt breathing so to speak

Ady

Member +
1. anything. ( i have a short length of hose with a bolt in the end )

2. dont know.

Ady

Member +
yes the big black pipe with '16 valve efi' printed on it. its the air inlet pipe to the turbo

gavgts

Member +
so if its the inlet for the turbo, wouldnt that be needed or is that just for a breather for the turbo from the air box.

Jay

Admin
It's just an outlet for excess air, it's plumbed into the intake pipe as it is classed as filtered air.

monka

Member +
well yeah there would be a vacuum in that efi pipe, as the turbo would be sucking air through,

if it is a bleed hose though or an out let, wouldnt't blocking it off stop it bleeding?

weakboy2

Member +
no not at all, it just keeps it in the system, otherwise it would vent to atmosphere, it makes no odds at all. its just the air bled from the actuator circuit to allow high boost. has to go somewhere so why not there! and there not a vacuum there ;)

Jay

Admin
Toyota's thinking was that if they made the vacuum system sealed then it reduced the chances of contamination from external factors.

They love to over-engineer things..:)

monka

Member +
kk, so you dont need to block it off then if it bleeds, just direct it to some where where it aint going to get dirty?

weakboy2

Member +
it can go anywhere, dirty or not lol but you need to block the efi pipe end because it'll be sucking unfiltered air

monka

Member +
i thought it didnt suck? thought it was a bleed for the solinoid.
and even if it does suck it sucks for reason, so blocking it aint going to be good

Jay

Admin
He's talking about the hole that will be left in the EFI pipe.

If you are removing the pipe then you won't need to worry about it.