Electrical screw up... help!

Cuffbertt

Fresh Recruit
I recently installed a boost gauge that i bought, i read on here somewhere that the easiest way to power it would be to wire the ignition and ground wires to the ones that go into the CD player... when i got the car it came with two oil gauges powered by the cig lighter wiring, they werent wired in completely and looked shite so i took these out and in the process managed to short the two wires (yeah i know, stupid eh?). i changed the burnt out fuse for the radio and cig lighter thats below the steering wheel and i thought that would be that lol

now my CD player isnt working, along with the roof light, and the clock only works when the ignition is on lol. also ive noticed that the beeping sound that comes on when your lights are left on no longer beeps...

wtf is going on? :confused: lol. i thought there must be another fuse somewhere that ive killed or something, but then the boost gauge actually works and the cd player doesnt... how is that possible if they share the same wires?? the fuse on the rear of the cd player isnt blown.

driving without music is actually getting pretty gay now, so i need to fix it lol. id be grateful for any help! cheers!!

J25GTi

Lifer
Music?

Dont remember the last time my glanza had a stereo!

Checked the engine bay fuses?

Shouldnt be anything else, assuming you have connected it all correctly!

I recently installed a boost gauge that i bought, i read on here somewhere that the easiest way to power it would be to wire the ignition and ground wires to the ones that go into the CD player... when i got the car it came with two oil gauges powered by the cig lighter wiring, they werent wired in completely and looked shite so i took these out and in the process managed to short the two wires (yeah i know, stupid eh?). i changed the burnt out fuse for the radio and cig lighter thats below the steering wheel and i thought that would be that lol

now my CD player isnt working, along with the roof light, and the clock only works when the ignition is on lol. also ive noticed that the beeping sound that comes on when your lights are left on no longer beeps...

wtf is going on? :confused: lol. i thought there must be another fuse somewhere that ive killed or something, but then the boost gauge actually works and the cd player doesnt... how is that possible if they share the same wires?? the fuse on the rear of the cd player isnt blown.

driving without music is actually getting pretty gay now, so i need to fix it lol. id be grateful for any help! cheers!!

Texx

Super Moderator
http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57445

Check fuse F10 in the main under-hood fuse box.

ep91underhoodfuseboxmain.jpg

Cuffbertt

Fresh Recruit
woop! its all fixed now lol.l i assumed that the fuse that i replaced under the steering wheel would be the only one, didnt realise that i could have killed two of them.

cheers for the help guys, have some rep! :)

nutta

Member +
check all the fuses, and the one on the back of the cd player, if there all ok, you have blown a relay