eManage Blue issues

TD04

Fresh Recruit
Peeps,

Just trying to get my laptop to speak to the eManage blue ECU before I take it to the rolling road in North Allerton next Friday. Few issues ....

The active light is flashing green all the time, idle, driving slowly or ignition on (not started) and the interaction light is always orange (not flashing).

I've used a USB-Serial-25 Pin converter and the eManage software on the laptop has stopped saying "I can't see the ECU" so it must be able to 'see it'. However when I try and do the following:

Import Data
Update the Unit
Real Time Display

Nothing happens, it basically just show the progress bar and does nothing.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm on the verge of giving up on the eManage and opting for a separate piggy back ECU.

Trying to load a base map ready for the tuning next Friday.

I've bought a Greddy USB cable off eBay just in case it's my pikey cable setup, not that I think it is but I want to be 100% sure. Seeing as the laptop can see the EMB already says that it could be something else.

Does anyone know if the flashing green active light is usual and is the constant orange interaction light meant to be that way too?

I appreciate your replies.

Sii

TD04

Fresh Recruit
I'm trying to update it now, stalled out last time after 20-30 minutes as it had not moved on the progress bar.

Currently saying "MAIN UNIT UPDATE" and "corresponding.... Please Wait"

Time passed so far is 2:00.

I have tried putting the 1.49 update on too bit it just throws back "access denied" wonder if the eManage is goosed. Bought it from a member on here (when I used to be "Sii" before I got banned for an unknown reason, admin are yet to explain why I was banned :( ) Anyway I would assume, after meeting several of you guys on here that nobody would knowingly sell faulty goods. My twin plate clutch, HKS SSQV BOV and other bits, including the TD04 kit all worked brilliantly.

I will see what it comes back with soon... tick tock tick tock tick tock

TD04

Fresh Recruit
I have just tried the "Import Data" and if I do that without the cable plugged in the software throws a error message, and with the cable plugged in it just goes to "corresponding ... please wait".

So this proves that the cable is allowing the eManage to communicate with the software, however I wonder if it's a problem with the data transfer between the laptop and the ECU with it not being an official Greddy cable?

Hmmmm, I think I will try and 'pikey' together another means of communication and see if they play nice then.

Anyone got any other suggestions?

Cheers Sii

goldenvtr

Member +
maybe chris at CCM can help, i had an issue with my ultiamte where it wouldnt maintain communication but after i got the update on it worked fine.

if you done have the manual there is one on the greddy website

TD04

Fresh Recruit
I get the "access denied" when it tries to update, don't know what that is all about. Tried it on two PCs and had the same problem. I think maybe it could be the cable stopping it .... or the ECU itself.

TD04

Fresh Recruit
Greddy software shows "ONLINE" when I use COM3 and it doesn't do that when using 1, 2 or 4. So it must be visible, I think I have narrowed the problem down to the ECU itself or the cable.

New cable on the way from eBay, however I have a sneaky feeling it could be something sily.

TD04

Fresh Recruit
New cable has arrived along with a min CD with a version of the Greddy software on, however I'm in exactly the same position, still a flashing green light and the laptop won't play ball at all.

Using the Greddy eManage software it shows as 'ONLINE' but won't connect or update. BLoody thing.

Can anyone suggest a good fuel management alternative for a standard Glanza V with a TD04........... other than Emanage Blue.

sx_turbo

Lifer
dastek uni chip

emanage ultimate

thats as far as piggy backs go, other wise it's standalone.

you can use safc but you will need an fcd to go with it, and an rrfpr (not recomended)

TD04

Fresh Recruit
what about the apexi neo?

I had a RRFPR but removed it as advised by the local tuning company.

turbojim

Lifer
being honest man the tune you will get off a fpr and neo will never ba as good as a decent piggyback like the ultimate but it does work and plenty are using this set up

sx_turbo

Lifer
you could have used the rrfpr, there is no need to remove it, they were obviously talking poo.

the neo is the same as the safc, needs fcd and rrfpr, and it wont adjust ignition

TD04

Fresh Recruit
I have a new 1:1 FPR, which I was told/informed/blagged into believing was better, should I go and get the old one back?

I also have a JAM FCD as well as a spare FCD (other dial faced brand).

danturbo4311

Member +
Im a bit late at seeing this thread but I had a similar problem to what you had with your EMB, when it was all plugged in it would show the unit is online but wouldnt communicate with it, however i no it worked because the tuner had it working, turned out it would only work on my newer laptop not my old one (only 18 months old) which was strange really as the EMB is quite an old unit, would of thought it would of worked, it needed certain software not just the greddy update (cant remember what it was) to communicate with it, however my newer lap top had it built in.

TD04

Fresh Recruit
I have tried several laptops, all appear to get the "ONLINE" bit but nowt more, bastid!

Checking the cabling and settings from here

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131

I did notice that is states .....

Rotary Switch Settings:
Rotary Switch 1: 2
Rotary Switch 2: 4
Rotary Switch 3: 0

On mine if you look at the board from left to right it goes ....

SW2 ... SW1 ... SW3
0 .........4...........2

Which is obviously wrong, isnt it? Unless you look from right to left which is 240, so are the original instructions looking at the front of the unit and going from left to right or actually matched to the chip board? hmmmm

Could someone check for me. I'm not sure if the list from the linked page is wrong or mine is wrong.

TD04

Fresh Recruit
Im a bit late at seeing this thread but I had a similar problem to what you had with your EMB, when it was all plugged in it would show the unit is online but wouldnt communicate with it, however i no it worked because the tuner had it working, turned out it would only work on my newer laptop not my old one (only 18 months old) which was strange really as the EMB is quite an old unit, would of thought it would of worked, it needed certain software not just the greddy update (cant remember what it was) to communicate with it, however my newer lap top had it built in.

What were your lights doing on the front of the unit? My active light is flashing and my interaction light is solid ... until the engine is started then it starts to flash. Same as yours?

I wonder if it's a driver issue .... hmmm

danturbo4311

Member +
Yea it was doing the same with the lights to, i had a look around on google & found that i needed to download 3 bits of software to get the unit to communicate with the lap top, then i tried my brand new lap top on it & it communiated fine without downloading anything, same thing went for my emanage ultimate which iv now got.

TD04

Fresh Recruit
Dan it would be ideal if you could try and remember what the magic 3 pieces of software were that you downloaded, that'd great news regards to the lights.

You've made me a happy man and I no longer want to self harm and burn the car to the ground :)

You would think running my own IT company would make me logically check the laptop first though ...

danturbo4311

Member +
lol mate theres no need to self harm or burn your car although sometimes i have to agree with you,
only reason i knew it could of been my laptop which was the problem, & not the emanage unit was because my tuner. He had his lap top working on it so it was the only thing it could of been for me, the problem is if you buy a second hand unit you think it could be anything, ill have a look through my internet history also when i get a chance ill have a look at the rotary settings, i believe that the software i downloaded was written in the emanage instructions thou