Emanage... blue vs ultimate? advice please!

andyglanzav

Member +
right im playin with gettin either the blue or ultimate, i know the blue is well capable for the setup im running (spec below) but what am i missing out on if i get that and not the ultimate, i know the launch control is only on the ultimate but i'll still be able to sleep at night if i dont have that!

ive no major plans for more engine power at the moment but if i change my plans and go for bigger turbos etc would the blue handle it or would i need to upgrade to the ultimate?

thanks in advance for replys folks!

andy

Spec:
>HKS Mushroom Filter ran straight off turbo
>TRD Leads
>NGK Iridium Plugs
>SPS Mild Steel Manilfod
>Hybrid ct9 GT Spec Turbo
>Blitz Dump Valve
>Autobahn88 De-cat
>Cusco Oil Catch Can
>SARD Oil cooling Sandwich plate
>Apexi Cat Back Exhaust
>HKS Adjustable Actuator
>HDI Electronic Boost Controller
>Autobahn 88 Blue Rad Hoses
>Blue Pipework under the Bonnet
>SARD Fuel Pressure Reg
>Speedvision 315cc Injectors
>AutoBahn88 Fmic
>Cusco Fully Adjustable Coilovers
>Cusco Adjustable Top Mounts
>Renault Megane Splitter
>Vttr pads all round
>Boost Gauge
>Oil Temp Gauge
>15" Enkei's
>R888's all round!

Last edited:

mcleod

Member +
the blue is suitable for most applications mate but the ultimate has more options etc. im selling my blue to fund for a ultimate as a better map can be had off one and like you said launch control too and im looking at raising the rev limit too.

azerty

Supermoderator
I have never used the blue, but it would be fine to map both ignition and injection maps.

ultimate has plenty additional features that makes it better and worth it to go with.
launch control is only one of them.
injector lag time setting is one feature that makes it worth it IMO
also the way ultimate works, when you change injection map it doesn't afect ignition timing. pretty much works like a stand alone

Utlimate is the way to go ;)

Last edited:

andyglanzav

Member +
the blue is suitable for most applications mate but the ultimate has more options etc. im selling my blue to fund for a ultimate as a better map can be had off one and like you said launch control too and im looking at raising the rev limit too.

how much of an improvement is the map available on the ultimate in comparisson to the blue? does this justify the price difference?

cheers

mcleod

Member +
i only know what ive glanced at really. it has more points of fuelling i think allowing a much smoother curve????? correct me if im wrong people

andyglanzav

Member +
i only know what ive glanced at really. it has more points of fuelling i think allowing a much smoother curve????? correct me if im wrong people

seems like the ultimate outweighs the blue by a good bit, will all the extras that the ultimate has be compatable with my setup, ie is it designed for much bigger power, would it be wasted on my setup or can you fully use it on all setups from ct9 @ 1bat up to bigger turbos and bigger power etc?

cheers,
andy

mcleod

Member +
you'll squeeze the most power out of your setup with a ultimate but if you dont have big plans and a low budget then the blue will be suffice

Chris@CCM

Member +
ultimate imo is loads better mate by a long way u cant even trim fuel rite with emb takes a bita pissing around :shoot:

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
I have never used the blue, but it would be fine to map both ignition and injection maps.

ultimate has plenty additional features that makes it better and worth it to go with.
launch control is only one of them.
injector lag time setting is one feature that makes it worth it IMO
also the way ultimate works, when you change injection map it doesn't afect ignition timing. pretty much works like a stand alone

Utlimate is the way to go ;)

well said lio!

thats spot on!
kon

HYBRID

just be a lot nicer if it had more tuning points

well you have a 16x16 injector map, a 16x16 airflow map.. an 8x4 individual cylinder injector adjustment map,an 8x4 i/j acceleration adjustment map, & an 8x4 i/j adjustment according to water temp...

dunno how much more you would need realistically..

kon

Last edited:

Phil

Super Moderator
exactly esp when you take it to a tuner and he block fills some of the values as he will undoubted do to save time on emu pfc or standalone and then lock the map so no one else can see it! lol

Phil

HYBRID

exactly esp when you take it to a tuner and he block fills some of the values as he will undoubted do to save time on emu pfc or standalone and then lock the map so no one else can see it! lol

Phil

ud be surprised at how crap some of these "professional tuners" emu maps are lol..

some are a real disgrace i can assure u.. then ppl wonder why their car doesnt produce the times it should for the power acheived lol..:beer:

kon

Phil

Super Moderator
the thing is people dont argue with there tuner or ask to see their map! they just accept it and hope for the best! that would scare me! it gives alot of confidence when your tuner is perfectly happy to let you see what he is doing, and even explain in basic terms how things are done!

if anyone has had their car mapped by chris they will know exactly what i mean when i say a genuine tuner, who wants the best for you and your motor.

Phil