Emanage tuning question

Iceman

Member +
Ok pplz this is for the tuners out there that tune EMU. I have a SARD fuel pressure regulator installed with all necessary supporting mods to run1.5 bar boost. My question is that which is better when tuning the EMU adding or subtracting fuel from the fuel maps? The reason why i am asking this is because i read that when u subtract fuel with the EMU it also messes with the ignition timing and when i was tuning and i checked the logs i see my ignition drops to like in the negative (-) for the timing. The SARD RRFPR is set to like 42 psi on idle. What are your taughts on this guyz? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

hardcoreep

Member +
Ok pplz this is for the tuners out there that tune EMU. I have a SARD fuel pressure regulator installed with all necessary supporting mods to run1.5 bar boost. My question is that which is better when tuning the EMU adding or subtracting fuel from the fuel maps? The reason why i am asking this is because i read that when u subtract fuel with the EMU it also messes with the ignition timing and when i was tuning and i checked the logs i see my ignition drops to like in the negative (-) for the timing. The SARD RRFPR is set to like 42 psi on idle. What are your taughts on this guyz? Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

Are you using the fuel/ignition harneses?

profane

Member +

well, those are the features of the emanage, being able to subtract and add fuel.

usually, u add fuel when u increase air content (increase boost), so that u dont run lean and therefore ur car makes appropriate power.

for subtracting fuel, its usually when u add bigger injectors which would obviously run rich at idle, becos they are bigger than the factory chosen ones. so u can take out fuel in the air flow adj. map to at low end.

efi are interconnected systems so one thing affects another. if u see ur timing gets retarded after taking out fuel than compensate for it in the ign. map. but i dont see why that would happen.

hardcoreep

Member +
If you are not using the harnesses then the eManage works like a SAFC. If you use the fuel harness you can increase the the injector duty cycle without affecting timing. If you are using the timing harness this should also stop the ECU from making any response changes.

Starbus

Member +

Your question isn't very clear.

But if your talking about lowering the fuel pressure to increase the resolution of the ECU then is is acceptable to an extent. You don't want to lower the pressure too much, as some injectors will struggle to atomise the fuel. If your injectors are 500cc or less, theres no reason to go below 3 bar base pressure. Above this you'll struggle with the Emanage blue, as it doesn't have enough adjustment, and the big injectors won't atomise fuel at lower pressures. The car will run ok, just probably in a 12-13 AFR.

Anyway, it sounds like you have got some negative values in the ignition map causing the negatives on the logs.

As for the fueling, you need to remove fuel from the Airflow table, and add it using the main fuel table, (main fuel doesn't allow minus figures).

As for the timing, simply adjust using the ignition timing table.

hardcoreep

Member +
As for the fueling, you need to remove fuel from the Airflow table, and add it using the main fuel table, (main fuel doesn't allow minus figures).
I was under the impression that this function is only for the eManage Blue. If you're using the EMU you should be able to input injector duty cycle directly, positive or negative.

profane

Member +
I was under the impression that this function is only for the eManage Blue. If you're using the EMU you should be able to input injector duty cycle directly, positive or negative.

not so the case, -fuel=air flow adj. map and +fuel = add. inj. map. there's no such thing as -duty cycle. in fact, when u add fuel, the formula in emanage's case is: factory duty cycle + (50 x n), where n = duty cycle value put in the fuel map eg., if u put 30 then n = 30/100 = .3

this is right from greddy software manual.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.

that is the case.. either that or i must be pretty much blind lol.. this problem with the ign being pulled when adjusting fuelling was a problem only caused by the emb not the emu... this was resolved in the emu, u can adjust -/+ drectly through the injector maps u dont need to use the airflow maps.. unless ur trying to make a long term fuel table :)

kon

HYBRID

not so the case, -fuel=air flow adj. map and +fuel = add. inj. map. there's no such thing as -duty cycle. in fact, when u add fuel, the formula in emanage's case is: factory duty cycle + (50 x n), where n = duty cycle value put in the fuel map eg., if u put 30 then n = 30/100 = .3

im pretty sure ur talking about the E-manage BLUE not the emanage ultimate..

kon

Chris@CCM

Member +
yup kons rite hear i read over the emu books again last nite after seeing this its adds or trims fuel by changing the injector signal this should not change the timing

HYBRID

thanks chris, in fact it doesnt, before the emu, the emb had to use timing to alter the fuel tables as it did not have the capability like the emu..

i know this for a fact.. either that or my wideband/emu datalogger is lying to me.. which i doubt lol :rolleyes:

kon

hardcoreep

Member +
that is the case.. either that or i must be pretty much blind lol.. this problem with the ign being pulled when adjusting fuelling was a problem only caused by the emb not the emu... this was resolved in the emu, u can adjust -/+ drectly through the injector maps u dont need to use the airflow maps.. unless ur trying to make a long term fuel table :)

kon

Thank u Hybrid. I thought I was going crazy for a while there.

hardcoreep

Member +

I know there is nothing such as negative duty cycle. However, you are adjusting the car's natural duty cycle by adding (+ in the EMU) or resisting (- in the EMU) the voltage.

If lets say 10v = injector at 100%, that would means 5v = 50%. Now if the injector is running at 50% at 4000rpm then you have the ability in the eManage to -/+ that voltage at that rpm. If the injector was at 0v then you'd obviously get an error because the injector would either be non-functional or the car would be off.

Starbus

Member +
I know there is nothing such as negative duty cycle. However, you are adjusting the car's natural duty cycle by adding (+ in the EMU) or resisting (- in the EMU) the voltage.

If lets say 10v = injector at 100%, that would means 5v = 50%. Now if the injector is running at 50% at 4000rpm then you have the ability in the eManage to -/+ that voltage at that rpm. If the injector was at 0v then you'd obviously get an error because the injector would either be non-functional or the car would be off.

I thought we were talking Eman Blue not EMU sorry.

As for the duty cycle thing, your talking metaphorically surely?

hardcoreep

Member +
That's a simplified generic version of how it works. You are just modifying the electrical signal to the injectors with the eManage.