engine gone bang

Gilly2006

Member +
its not starlet related but the engine in my mini has gone. mainly due to the fact there being no oil in it. i went thru 5 liters of oil last week. dad towed me home last night.
not to worry tho as iv got a 1275 on its way and 430quid to play with from my insurance! :)

Monkfish

Member +
Gutted :(

But Woot for the 1275! Some nice Kent fast road cams, rebore to 1310, steel bottom end, low comp pistons and a funky Eaton45 from a Bini and you're sorted! :D

You can have a sticker on the back window then...

"95% BMW Free" ;)

sx_turbo

Lifer
aaaahhh the perfect reason to get a new block in there ;)

may i suggest, if you are gonna go for a 1275 get the one out of the mg metro non turbo or the metro sport (this was before the mg metro), i say this as they came out the factory, they ported the head better and put a better cam in, and it came out with 74hp which in a mini goes quite well.

Gilly2006

Member +
iv got to stick to a budget of around 400 quid. im staying 1275 the engine iv got has only done 50 thou miles. gona get a race cam put in. skim the head and block to raise compression, get my m8 to port and polish the head, rolling rockers, lightweight flywheel. should be quicker than my standard 998!

Gilly2006

Member +
aaaahhh the perfect reason to get a new block in there ;)

may i suggest, if you are gonna go for a 1275 get the one out of the mg metro non turbo or the metro sport (this was before the mg metro), i say this as they came out the factory, they ported the head better and put a better cam in, and it came out with 74hp which in a mini goes quite well.

yeh this one if out of a metro with the biggest standard sized head on it. should be good! well excited! il post pics up tonight.
just started stripping it.

sx_turbo

Lifer
yeh this one if out of a metro with the biggest standard sized head on it. should be good! well excited! il post pics up tonight.
just started stripping it.

haha good man, my gf brother has just put a stage3 head on his and twin downdraft webbers, and his flies. he only paid £40 for the webbers at a mini show. he will be getting a cam and rockers when he rebuilds it.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
got a weber 45 with mani, k&n and throttle plate for a minbin if you're interested? transformed my mini when i had it on mine :)

Neal

Member +
definately mate, get onto your other issues whilst the engine is out aswell mate.

Didnt you have a goosed brake setup etc?

Gilly2006

Member +
you don't wana know! yeh i did! im being towed home and to be honest its not easy trying to keep the tow rope taught all the time, but i did quite well being towed about 8 miles.
anyway i got to around 2 miles to my house and i put foot on the brake and my foot went to the floor! i shit myself and grabbed the handbrake.
had to use the handbrake for the rest of the 2 miles and belive me i was pulling on it hard!!!!!!!

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
sorry about the delay

DSC00975.JPG

DSC00977.JPG

DSC00978.JPG