engine gone:-(

darckskullz

Fresh Recruit
not to sure if im posting in the right section. my gt has been of the road for quite some time between different problems arising with it between between brakes, clutches, slave cylinders, cv joints, cables and sensors. i had to change my head gasket (as there was water in the oil and kept overheating) which took some time as was runnin a different car decided to get that sorted got an athenna 1.2mm head gasket got arp head bolts and wen to a garage as i dont have any expierence with internals of engines. got the head skimed and everything done by the mechanic and got him to remove the air con pump as there was no compressor so was dead weight. the day before i was to get the car back i got a fone call of him with bad news that the head was cracked when he started the car after everything was put on i went down later to see the result. when i went in i just asked the mechanic to start the car it wouldnt as the water was filling one of the cylinders and the battery died. so he got a boaster pack and it jumped sending water gushing out of the head and the garage filled with white smoke from the exhaust so it was fucked. i then had to get a transporter to take the car away i went to the bank to get the money to pay the man for the job and asked him to move the car outside while i was gone when i came back some oil seal had burst or crack and there was oil everywhere the mechanic reckoned it was fucked anyway no point in changing a seal when i have bigger problems he recommened that i get a different engine or sell the car for parts i ask could i not just get a new head and he explained that i could have the same problems with a differnt head and that other damage could be done to the bottom of my engine so im better off getting a new one. depressed got the car home teary eyed and highly disappointed.
i rambled on a bit there but i had to get some fumes out :-D
so basiclly im looking for advice what to do next ??
in my opinion i reckon i have 3 options
1. get a replacement engine
2. break the car for parts (not happy about doing this just trying to be realistic)
3. save for a forge engine
any help thoughts ideas any information welcome.

Rob H

Member +
Why was the head not pressure tested when it went for skimming?? And if it would not turn over becouse of water in the cylinders why the hell did he put a booster pack on it to start it??? It sounds like your mechanic if ya can call him that is a D%%k head! It will now more than likely have bent rods too. I would not be paying the bloke!

darckskullz

Fresh Recruit
I dont know really fed up with it at this stage jst want it running again. hes paid and my car still a no goer :-( now but i must enquire about the pressure test im not at all familiar on what that involves tbh. what would you sugest i do next??

Rob H

Member +
I would say it would need the head taking off again and the piston heights checking to make sure nothing's bent like the conrods. To pressure test the head they block off all the water ways and then put pressure in it to check for leaks.

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
i recomend you persevere with it, i did and happy that i did, had my car for 3 years before i got it on the road.a pressure test basicly involves removing the plugs and screwing in a sensor with a gauge that will give you a reading of what pressure is generated when the engine is cranked. a low reading would indicate a blown head gasket, worn rings, cracked head etc....which seal did he say was gone, couls be the crank seal, easy enough to replace if you kno what your at.i would just cheack if the bottom end is danaged and if not, get a head.....japbreak irl would have one or if you needed one closer to home a mate of mine has one thats recently been rebuilt and is goin cheap

turboloon

Member +
i seriously think the guy fucked ye over bud...go and get some legal advice.for a mechanic to try and start a car with a known fucked head,he's got to be a right fucking tosser!!!and as some one else said i'm really surprised the engineering shop didn't pressure test yer head...

corofin12345

Member +
depends what power your running really, if you want 1bar just replace the engine with a good second hand one, make sure you compression test it before buying

darckskullz

Fresh Recruit
I would say it would need the head taking off again and the piston heights checking to make sure nothing's bent like the conrods. To pressure test the head they block off all the water ways and then put pressure in it to check for leaks.

seems a bit to much to be doing i reckon a new engine but im thinkin forge aswell dno what to do tbh maybe even a pack of fire lighters and have a bonfire haha nver could bring myself to do it to her ha

darckskullz

Fresh Recruit
i recomend you persevere with it, i did and happy that i did, had my car for 3 years before i got it on the road.a pressure test basicly involves removing the plugs and screwing in a sensor with a gauge that will give you a reading of what pressure is generated when the engine is cranked. a low reading would indicate a blown head gasket, worn rings, cracked head etc....which seal did he say was gone, couls be the crank seal, easy enough to replace if you kno what your at.i would just cheack if the bottom end is danaged and if not, get a head.....japbreak irl would have one or if you needed one closer to home a mate of mine has one thats recently been rebuilt and is goin cheap

he didnt even look at it as far as i remember :-/ chears for the info n the pressure test :-D

darckskullz

Fresh Recruit
i seriously think the guy fucked ye over bud...go and get some legal advice.for a mechanic to try and start a car with a known fucked head,he's got to be a right fucking tosser!!!and as some one else said i'm really surprised the engineering shop didn't pressure test yer head...

i didnt think so but im really thinkin it now must enquire into it for legal advice tbh ive dealt with him before and found him 100% but they were minor jobs dno what to think of em now tbh.. chears for the feedback

darckskullz

Fresh Recruit
depends what power your running really, if you want 1bar just replace the engine with a good second hand one, make sure you compression test it before buying

car pretty standard was going to order alot of parts the next day which is annoying me more to get her the way i want her but now the money is going towards what should of been done. ahh the joys of cars ha