engine help please

sanchez

Member +
started my car up earlier, everythin was fine as usual,
got to the junction at end of road, pulled out, changed to second
and then it happened......

... sounded like a bag a spanners had fallen from the engine and then the engine cut out

left it for a min, started again but cuts out straight away unless i give it a few revs

can any one help please
thank you

Neal Gt

Member +
Does it stay running after u start it and give it a few revs or do u mean it won't drive down the road

sanchez

Member +
i drove it back to my house so it still goes but you have to keep the revs up otherwise it cuts out

but i started it again a min ago and it stayed runnin on its own then the fan kicked in and it cut out

cheers guys

sanchez

Member +
so somethin to do wit clutch ??
sorry im useless haha

guys please help, i need to know wots up as i need to fix it asap
thanks

Last edited:

Neal Gt

Member +
No mate not clutch, if it was ur clutch u wouldn't be able to drive it at all, it's more like fuel to me, sounds like it's losing it's pressure after u start it, check it fuel pressure mate

Neal Gt

Member +
Also, might have nothink to do with it but check some of the basic stuff like fuses etc (i.e fuel pump fuse), just a thought

sanchez

Member +
Cheers mate, also forgot to mention as your saying fueling, my fuel light had been on for a while and i was on my way to fill up when it died on me. I got my gf to get me some fuel as i fort that was wot was wrong but that wont explain the engine noise would it?

Neal Gt

Member +
Cheers mate, also forgot to mention as your saying fueling, my fuel light had been on for a while and i was on my way to fill up when it died on me. I got my gf to get me some fuel as i fort that was wot was wrong but that wont explain the engine noise would it?

That would prob be y it won't run but for the engine noise I not sure,, I'll ask a few mates but but don't think there now, let us now how u get on,

sanchez

Member +
Cheers mate your most helpfull. Will try add some rep for you if i can figure out how to on shity phone internet. Any way just popped to the garage round the corner and the bloke reckons should change my fuel filter and flush it out as he thinks when i ran out me petrol it night me sucked up a load of crap, that sound like the problem?

Neal Gt

Member +
Cheers mate your most helpfull. Will try add some rep for you if i can figure out how to on shity phone internet. Any way just popped to the garage round the corner and the bloke reckons should change my fuel filter and flush it out as he thinks when i ran out me petrol it night me sucked up a load of crap, that sound like the problem?

Yeah could well be mate, is possable mate, let's us now if it fixs it mate for futher ref

sanchez

Member +
bollocks, not the fuel filter

im so fucked off wit it now, contemplating breaking it
i dont know wot to do

any other suggestions

cheers guys

c if u can get a company like hometuning to come rnd n theyll plug it up 2 there diagnostic system n hopefully it wil tel ya exactly whts rong.