Engine Light comes on (Code 52) please help

D34dly

Member +
Hello,

I have just installed my FPR because on my AEM Wideband it was saying that it was running 10,5..

So i was testing it on full thottle with the FPR..

But after some time 4 or 5 times running around..
The Engine Light comes on.. so i did a diagnost.. and it was code 52..
That says Knock sensor..

But what can i do now? If i turn the car on now the engine light wil go on after some time..

My Specs :
Aftermarkted Manifold
Jperformance Decat
Tanabe 2,25inch Cat-back
GB FCD
FMIC
Filter relocator
And it runs without silincer 0,9 a 1bar
And with silincer 0,7 a 0,8bar

Hope some one can tell me what's wrong..

Greetings,
Jeroen

AdamB

Member +
I would start off first by adjusting the FPR, 10.5 is rich, needs to be around 11.5 to 11.8 on full throttle.

dac69er

Super Moderator
when you fitted the fpr did you damage the knack sensor wiring? just double check the knack sensor is still plugged in.

D34dly

Member +
I have tested some things..

I have the oem fpr on it now.. and the engine light still goes on..

I tried shifting fast so under the 2500 rpm..
And then the light don't goes on..
But if i go over the 2500 rpm it goes on..

Please help some one..

GP82

Member +
I think code 52 is knock sensor related. Check the knock sensor wiring is intact, the sensor is located behind and underneath the inlet manifold, the knock sensor wire is in the loom in front of the injectors. It is a blue shielded wire.

GP82

Member +
With the wire is noting wrong..
I find it very strange..

Some one help me please..

Hey, how did you test to check the knock sensor wiring is intact?

Have you carried out a continuity test with a multimeter from the ecu connector pins to the connector that goes onto the knock sensor? This will confirm your knock sensor wire has no break in it! The pin outs are in here somewhere;

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?16-Electrics-ECU-Diagnostics-ICE

If you can confirm the knock sensor wire is good, then you will have to take the knock sensor off the block and test to see if it still works.

Also does anyone know if the engine managment light comes on if the sensor detects knock on the engine?

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
what ur suffering from is typical knock sensor failure.. basically the car will drive perfectly, but as soon as you hit over 2500rpms (sometimes 3000) the engine warning light will come on.. basically what happens is the oem ecu falls in to safe mode locking your engine at 10deg, ie what the distributor is set to...

for some reason your knock sensor may have died, to know for sure, pull it out and shake it next to your ear.. if it rattles from the inside.. well then its fucked.

kon

D34dly

Member +
Okeeey i will test the wire with a multimeter..

I have a knock sensor coming to me in a couple of days..

I have had 3 or 4 times the save mode.. then it runs like shit.. on the wideband it runs -10 :(
and i have 0 power.. but after a couple of time pulling the thottle it's going as normal..

very strange..

D34dly

Member +
I have tested the wire with a multimeter..
And it's Okeey..

I can pull out the knock sensor now.. but at what nm must the sensor be installed? Anyone? I can't go on with this.. save mode comes ones every day now almost.. and I can stay it's not a fine thing..

So please help :(