Engine mount loose?

addz

Member +
Hello guys.

I have just done an oil change on my car, started her up to check oil level. On that note i raised the revs a bit from the engine bay to find that the mount was moving along with the engine (mount on the left side of engine) - now it wasnt an immense movement but enough for me to notice.

Now im sure this isn't normal as it doesnt look right, also the rubbers on the mount are hanging over the lips too?

Im guessing its the rubbers that are gone, worn out?

How hard are these to change also whats required.

Thanks in advance :)

addz

Member +
I undertook an oil change, started the car up to check the oil level as you do.. raised the revs to get the oil flowing to re-check oil level.. at this point i see the engine mount moving!

Obviously i checked oil while engine was OFF! but to get the oil flow going

Last edited:

GTWorld

Member +
oooo lol i was thinking WTF!! as for the engine mount prob dude i havent got a clue on that one sorry mate

addz

Member +
Lol. Thanks for your concern - i would get a incorrect reading if the engine was on! lol

gv1.3

Admin
engine mount is simple enough to change. Jack up under the sump with a block of wood to support the engine. Remove old mount and fit new one.

If you are going to re-use the old mount and just replace the bushes they can be a bit nasty to get out. I burned them out with a blow torch and some petrol...took a while.

addz

Member +
engine mount is simple enough to change. Jack up under the sump with a block of wood to support the engine. Remove old mount and fit new one.

If you are going to re-use the old mount and just replace the bushes they can be a bit nasty to get out. I burned them out with a blow torch and some petrol...took a while.

Thanks for a prompt reply lad.

Are there only 3 bolts in total holding the engine?

I was thinking about replacing the bushes BUT don't want a headache with that:(

gv1.3

Admin
there are three mounts. The one you saw, one at the back near the exhaust and one at the gearbox. I only had time to do the one on the drivers side but will be doing the other two soon hopefully. Mine was knocking like mad and when I took the mount off it was in pieces!

addz

Member +
Ah that sounds about right.

I bet the knocking done your head in!

Mine hasnt got to that pointn yet, i can see 2 bolts holding the mount straight from the top and 1 going through the chassis - are they the only 3 i'll have to remove?

Hope thats clear enough as im fucked today lol

gv1.3

Admin
I do recall having to get under the car with two extender bars with a socket set to reach something from underneath so there is certainly another one to undo from the bottom.

addz

Member +
Top man thought there might be something from the underside.

Where did you get your replacements from?

gv1.3

Admin
they were the powerflex jobbies. Nice fit and look good too :) That said if I knew that the TRD ones came with the full mount not just the rubber bit I would have gotten those because they would make the job a hell of a lot cleaner.

gv1.3

Admin
I got the powerflex ones from toytuning but they messed up the order as they did with other people too so I would not recommend going there. Perhaps one of the traders on here do em?

GTWorld

Member +
i personally wouldn't buy from ebay parts for my car but im sure people have used them and there better then most makes??!!!

addz

Member +
I got contact with tuning developments and ebay. TD said they won't fit with factory LSD. Chap on ebay said he's had a few not fit Glanza before.

I am still on the hunt for a set as i'd like to replace them all at one point - just don't know where else i can try, must be UK based.