* Engine Problems HELP !! ( Burning Oil & Dropping Revs/ Stall )

FrancyGlanza

Member +
* Engine Problems HELP !! ( Burning Oil & Dropping Revs/ Stall ) VIDEO added

Problem 1.
basicly Heads wrecked with the car the last couple of weeks!!

valve seals and rings were done 8000k ago with a athena 1.4 headgasket

its burning alot of oil on boost, but yet it doesn take little when off it

its abit smokey on boost and smokey as you come off boost and if you were slowing down to stop

Doesnt smoke on idle

checked both sides of turbo and everything seems fine, no oil in exhaust side etc..

its blue/black smoke

put a new PCV valve on it to

done a compression test to and came up 10 bar/150psi on all cylinders

Problem 2.
dropping in revs and stalls
driving when changing gear from about 3500 revs drop to 500 or more and could stall
slowing down it struggles to stay on and could stall
Noticed a vibration on clutch and its like it just suddenly engages

clutch engaged revs drop

One time i was stopped gave a noise like going into wrong gear

changed dizzy cap , coilpack, kinglead, igniters

Battery is in boot
-----------

Also what would a TRD 0.6 gasket be like ? Compression on it ? Safe ?

cheers in advance

Last edited:

weeJohn

Lifer
Black/blue smoke issue, is it over fueling, have you checked the AFR?

Last person I knew that had the same problem with the revs dropping when the clutch was pushed in had a heavy aftermarket clutch in and it was pushing the crank across and causing the engine to overload and near stall. Check the crankshaft end float or with the car turned off, push the crank pulley towards the engine, and then push in the clutch to see if it moves out much. Could need new thrust washers if it moves to much.

FrancyGlanza

Member +
Not sure on overfueling didnt have it checked . its a bit harder on fuel than my last V using the same JAM ECU also have a walbro fuel pump on this
Its mainly blue i think

Clutch i have is EXEDY Paddle clutch
will try that
Thanks mate

Anyone else

5e colin

Member +
the stalling isseu sounds like my old problem with the mines i had and i used a rrfpr with raised pressure and is coused to overfeul and drop the revs making her stall on acasions

if u arnt using a rrfpr then it might be a lack of feul by blocked feul filter try checking them first

the smoke is most likely the turbo seal

and also check the sparkplugs for oil burning / the valve guides seals might be gone again ( if theres enough play on the guid new seals will last only a few )

wildchild

Member +
For blue smoke check for blocked breather pipe. could also be the turbo seals. else valve stem seals.
as for the stalling issue check if the boost pipe at the MAP sensor has come off.

FrancyGlanza

Member +
[video=youtube;SLw2qVTRDUI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLw2qVTRDUI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

this is a video of the clutch maken noise and dropping the revs