engine rebuild list

ruggiero06

Member +
Items I am in the market for.

acl race main/rod bearings
lightweight flywheel
uprated clutch (good company and at least 250hp rated)
5e complete gasket and seal kit
5e uprated metal hg
4e ct9 uprated mani
arp headbolts
4e distributor cap and rotor brush
wideband
lightweight crank pulley
manual boost controller
iridium spark plugs
fuel cut defender
uprated leads
fmic (core)
fpr
injectors (at least 315cc)
oil filter relocation kit

Big money items that will be purchased down the road unless you give a deal too good to refuse :]
megasquirt II 3.57 w/ harnesses
5e forged rods
forged pistons (4e or 5e but prefer 5e for the higher CR)

Non crucial items but are part of the overall build
5e toga uprated oil pump
ct9 decat
uprated mounts
electronic dual solenoid boost controller
other gauges (looking to keep everything the same)
lightweight pulleys (water, alt pulleys)
oil cooler kit
3 row half width radiator w/ slim fan

ruggiero06

Member +
im looking to get stuff used and new. i know i can get all this stuff much cheaper if i slowly buy these items one at a time from the forums.

reagarding speedvision... i was looking to spend over 3 grand at once and asked what kind of a discount they can give me and i was basically told no.

also they dont really know crap about what they sell. i was told that the 4e pistons would be 8.2:1 cr in a 5efe and this is flat out wrong and has been known for years that the 4e pistons in the 5e is around 9.0:1 cr. so i dont trust them with my hard earn money.

Mike D EP82

Member +
you cant expect a discount becasue your spending 3k at once. they have to buy it/make it and sell it on to make money to stay in business. if he discounted all the time there would be no business or no speedvision. look out for group buys. thats where the discount counts here :)

sx_turbo

Lifer
also they dont really know crap about what they sell. i was told that the 4e pistons would be 8.2:1 cr in a 5efe and this is flat out wrong and has been known for years that the 4e pistons in the 5e is around 9.0:1 cr. so i dont trust them with my hard earn money.

if they are forged pistons they generally lower the compression,

i wouldnt say he knows nothing.

anyway good lick with finding the parts

ruggiero06

Member +
you cant expect a discount becasue your spending 3k at once. they have to buy it/make it and sell it on to make money to stay in business. if he discounted all the time there would be no business or no speedvision. look out for group buys. thats where the discount counts here :)
i know how business works...i minor in business in college. i have a corporation and business in my name and am learning accounting :]
realistically i was looking to spend over 3500. theres a difference between say buying 1 item for 300 bucks and asking for a discount. but when im buying 3500 and a dozen or so items asking for an discount is not out of the ordinary. shops have at least a 15-20% mark up (profit margin). so he could have worked with me and made a good sale to some1 and still made decent money even giving a discount. not to mention when this motor is built i will be in the top 3 known highest powered paseos in the USA. now ill just help you guys out and buy parts from you :]

if they are forged pistons they generally lower the compression,

i wouldnt say he knows nothing.

anyway good lick with finding the parts

they provide "8.0:1" and "8.2:1" those figures are grossly wrong and would probably blow someones motor if some1 actually bought those pistons from them and put them in their 5E as the figures are actually 9.0:1 and 8.8:1

if i was some kid that didnt know about compression ratio in these cars and bought these pistons, built the motor, took it to a tuner and told them i had 8.2:1 pistons and he tuned it to those numbers then there is a great chance of detnation as its really 9:1. these guys are suppose to be experts. so i told them about their mistake. if any of u guys with 5Es have those pistons in their get ur car remapped for 9:1 cr.

do the math...or wait ill do it for you.
this is what happens if you were to put their "8.2:1" pistons in your 5E. if u believe any of these figures to be faulty you can go ahead and change the stroke to 77 (the stroke for a 4E) and you will see the CR will be 8.2:1
x60y9t.jpg

Last edited:

sx_turbo

Lifer
most forged pistons have a 10cc dish, some have a 6cc dish.

you have put 3.2cc dish in those figures.

you can get flat top ross pistons though

sx_turbo

Lifer
going by the figures you posted there, and using the same cr calculator,

if you were to have a 10cc dish piston the compression ratio would be 8.0:1

a 6cc dish would be 8.5:1

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
if u are interested i have a set of 5e acl duraglide main ends & big ends inc thrusts, the bearings are 0.25 oversize. If ur interested drop me a pm, iv sold countelss sets to many happy members so far.

Kon