ep81 2E-E 1994 starlet radiator compatibility

eddie2

Fresh Recruit
Hi There,

I have a 1994 starlet ep81 2E-E with a leaky radiator that needs replacing, I was wondering if anyone knows what other radiators are compatible with this car?

I saw the diagram of a 1996 EP92 starlet radiator and it looked like it might be compatible, I could be mistaken though as I am no expert, if anyone knows what radiators will fit this car could you please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Jay

Admin
Hi Eddie,

The rad from any EP8# or EP9# should bolt straight in. The pipes and mounts are in the same spots which makes things rather handy.

The Glanza rads have a thicker core but that's about it. You can use the automatic radiators too and just leave the ATF cooler at the bottom alone.

Hope that helps,

Jay

eddie2

Fresh Recruit
Cheers guys

Thanks guys for your help,

went to a breakers and they said they only had a rad for a corrolla , same fittings but the outlet hose was in a slightly different position, wanted £40 for it including fitting, while deciding if I should get it, I found a place in oldham that could do me an aluminium radiator (not toyota part obviously as they are around £120) for a 96 starlet (slightly shorter than the one I had) for £60 including vat, so I went for that and fitted myself.

Cheers again