ep82 auto radiator staright swap with manual ok?

Starletto

Fresh Recruit
hi guys, I heard that there is a trans cooling system on the radiators for the autos?

Would the auto radiator be suitable for a straight swap with a manual radiator?

My starlets a manual and the radiators leaking at the bottom very very slowly so i want to replace it.

cheers

Jay

Admin
The automatic radiator is a little thicker than the earlier EP82 radiator and incorporates a transmission oil cooler at the bottom but it will fit and operate fine in a manual model.

A manual one will fit into an auto as well but a seperate oil cooler would need to be installed for the transmission fluid.

p2d

Member +
Could said oil cooler be used to do the engine oil? Might save some people alot of hassle/expense

ChrisGT

Member +
Having seen a few pics (just a few lol) of EP91 and EP82 engine bays, am I right in thinking the Glanza has a slightly thicker rad? Or is it just the pictures? I swear they look a bit thicker!

Jay

Admin
Could said oil cooler be used to do the engine oil? Might save some people alot of hassle/expense

Never tried it and I doubt it would prove viable mate.

Having seen a few pics (just a few lol) of EP91 and EP82 engine bays, am I right in thinking the Glanza has a slightly thicker rad? Or is it just the pictures? I swear they look a bit thicker!

The EP91 core is thicker than the regular EP82 manual core.

ChrisGT

Member +
Yeah thought so. My radiator is starting to brown slightly, would it be OK getting a EP91 rad as a replacement? Actually, with the WEPR piping I'd imagine it would be mega tight! :S