ep82 automatic in ireland

jomista2k7

Fresh Recruit
as above just wondering anybody on here from ireland have any and what are they like,any one else that has one in a diff country can comment aswell

TomS

Lifer
I have one, not a bad car at all, 120kph in second gear, delivers plenty of smiles, the gearbox seems to be handling extra power well. It's a good all round car with the added wtf appeal. The one drawback of owning one is they're worth very little but i don't plan on selling mine. You're more than welcome to come down to Waterford for a test spin

Jay

Admin
The autobox rox..

Point and shoot driving plus they aren't as slow as you might think. Only way to know if you'd take to one is to drive one. That'll make your mind up. ;)

Jay

Admin
why go auto tho ? manual is surly alot better i have a few auto cars and i think there nt wrth havein just my 2p tho

Usually cheaper to buy, they tend not to be raked or rallied, much easier to pilot in heavy traffic and also, so I've been told, some mad people even prefer them..

gv1.3

Admin
I have to admit to being a bad-mouth of all autos... but since being in the states my mind has firmly been changed. Every car I have had since being here has been an auto and some are certainly better than others.

Example.. The new nissan maxima has a great autobox and is truly a beast! The dodge challenger has a good autobox and the kick down is predictable and great for getting some rear wheel action going. The Ford Taurus I have at the moment is horrible and changes gear all over the place and right when your not expecting it.

I now realise... not all autos are created equally and the good ones can be great fun to drive.

The auto starlets, I have no experience of to be honest but Jay has been driving them long enough and so that says enough in my opinion.

jomista2k7

Fresh Recruit
I have one, not a bad car at all, 120kph in second gear, delivers plenty of smiles, the gearbox seems to be handling extra power well. It's a good all round car with the added wtf appeal. The one drawback of owning one is they're worth very little but i don't plan on selling mine. You're more than welcome to come down to Waterford for a test spin

sound might take you up on that some time eh dont no just with driving in town traffic etc it would wreck you head,my mate has a 2litre sti forester its auto and its a cool little yoke just foot down to the floor and away you go,

Ronald

Fresh Recruit
I'm driving an auto and have it for 1 year now.
Still very happy with it and never ever thought I made the wrong decision.
Very relaxing but also quick as fook if you want it to :D

Auto ==> :rockon:

:D

Ronald.

Auto EP82

Lifer
I had ronalds gt for a year before him and loved it although its a fully auto so you cant change gear yourself so it is a bit borring compared to a semi-auto. But def a great little car and it suprises alot of people when they no its auto.I did however have to change the gearbox on it because it shreded its self so if you want to modify it id get a manual if you want good power.

I used to have a modded smart car and that had a semi auto and it u wanted to race just put foot down and it did perfect gear changes but the amout of time I used to pull up at the lights and put the foot on thee non exsistant clutch as unbeliveble lol and stallin the starlet a few time forgetin to put the clutch in lol

Daniel4589

Fresh Recruit
i would be very intrested in buying an automatic glanza or gt starlet if anyone has one for sale ??? im in dublin.. but anywhere in ireland be fine by me... pm me if ye have anything or no of one for sale, thanks...

Watsi88

Fresh Recruit
My GT was auto when I bought it, but it went on the road with a manual box, so I can't really comment on the drivability, but it was WAY cheaper than any other GT about, and it cost me £250 and a few nights work in my garage to convert it to manual. But they're definatley not slow in automatic form!