EP82 in need of engine rebuild...

ChrisW

Lifer
I know, I know, I hate these threads too lol but it has to be done!

Im thinking of breaking my 1994 EP82 back to standard and selling it. Unfortunately it has suspected piston damage in 2 and 3 so will obviously need a rebuild. The car has only done around 80,000km and is pretty mint to be fair.

Only things on it that will stay and are aftermarket will be Magnecore HT leads, Exedy Organic clutch, probably a new Dave B exhaust and possibly 16" Rota Grids (may even sell these seperate). Also has a genuine TOMS front bumper with the toyota optional side skirts and spats and other little things like MOMO wheel, TRD gear knob etc. The only bad bits on it are really a couple of parking dings in the drivers door and a small crack in the TOMS bumper, apart from that I'd say it was one of the best examples I have seen.

Any ideas on how much I should look for before I put it in the for sale section, I have no idea???? :)

EDIT:

IMGP1340.jpg

IMGP1335.jpg

Last edited:

Iain@CRD

Lifer
I know, I know, I hate these threads too lol but it has to be done!

Im thinking of breaking my 1994 EP82 back to standard and selling it. Unfortunately it has suspected piston damage in 2 and 3 so will obviously need a rebuild. The car has only done around 80,000km and is pretty mint to be fair.

Only things on it that will stay and are aftermarket will be Magnecore HT leads, Exedy Organic clutch, probably a new Dave B exhaust and possibly 16" Rota Grids (may even sell these seperate). Also has a genuine TOMS front bumper with the toyota optional side skirts and spats and other little things like MOMO wheel, TRD gear knob etc. The only bad bits on it are really a couple of parking dings in the drivers door and a small crack in the TOMS bumper, apart from that I'd say it was one of the best examples I have seen.

Any ideas on how much I should look for before I put it in the for sale section, I have no idea???? :)

Maybe around ... £2000 ... seems fairly priced to me especially with the genuine TOMS kit and other bits and bobs.

EDIT: Just had a look at PH and your maybe looking at less than £2000 buddy.

Iain

Last edited:

ChrisW

Lifer
Yea I know it dont look too good lol, I was thinking around £2k tbh with wheels or maybe £1750 without

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Is it a forged engine?

Those pics look amazing mate, id say more towards £2k now. Ones i saw on PH dont look anywere near as good as urs.

Iain

ChrisW

Lifer
How did you managed to damage the pistons?

An accident I suppose you could call it!

Is it a forged engine?

Those pics look amazing mate, id say more towards £2k now. Ones i saw on PH dont look anywere near as good as urs.

Iain

Thanks mate. No forged engine unfortunately, that was the plan but doesn't look like I'll ever get it so she's got to go :(:(:(!

Dave.

Member +
I love that grill :(

If it gets broken, remember me lol. Its a really nice example though, so I hope it won't come to that of course :p

Dave

dan

Member +
an accident? hows that occur.

Id say at least 2k mate, you can pick up a new engine for £500 like so someones getting a barging of a car.

You not thought about getting another engine in and putting it up for 3k or something?

ChrisW

Lifer
an accident? hows that occur.

Id say at least 2k mate, you can pick up a new engine for £500 like so someones getting a barging of a car.

You not thought about getting another engine in and putting it up for 3k or something?

Thanks dan,

Yea i thought about it but I just havn't got the know how to put one in so would ultimately have to pay someone, so by the time it's done it would almost be pointless me thinks money wise :(

ChrisW

Lifer
Put it up for £2300-2400 with room to haggle:)

Could do I suppose, I like a good haggle lol :p!

To be fair there is like nearly £1k's worth of stuff on it so if someone could get an engine and put it in for £500, then £2500 is a right bargain IMO!

Can I just add that it would drive so no trailers etc would be needed to get it home lol (thought that might be a cost consideration)

ChrisW

Lifer
Puttin an engine in is a good idea, but once youve done that will you want to keep it or still get rid????

I dunno if I can be arsed Matt, I'd have to find one, then drive god knows how far to collect it and then pay someone to fit it because I think we'd struggle! Ive already had too much shit over the last few months with the engine :mad:!

Matchew

Member +
Fair do's i would of lost heart too the amount of shit uve had and weres my reply?? Beatch

PS i'll take you where ever you need to go dont worry about that:)

Big_Daddy

Member +
I dunno if I can be arsed Matt, I'd have to find one, then drive god knows how far to collect it and then pay someone to fit it because I think we'd struggle! Ive already had too much shit over the last few months with the engine :mad:!

I know how oyu feel, bloody headce, had drop the engine off then the car to Toytunning, (too many cow boys in brum). but it was the best option for me!
I think if you break it you may get around 1500-2k for it, just had to add up you mods and parts

dan

Member +
i made about 1500 breaking my near standard GT. Granted I did sell a working engine for £300 tho.

But with your mods etc you should make up for a non working engine.