ep82 non canvas top headliner

ari4efe

Member +
would anyone with a normal ep80-ep82 be able to tell me if the fabric is just glued or held onto the roof with wires or if the fabric is glued to a headliner panel which is then attached to the roof? I own a canvas top but have plans to weld a plate on top as the motor for the roof didn't work and it was rusted and rotting, I want to find a headliner panel( I'm not sure if that's what they're called) so that the fabric has something to attach too as i don't have a roof

Jay

Admin
Mk1 has a rigid headcloth which changed to vinyl and metal rods in the mk2 and mk3 iirc.

Aim for early ep82 (1990-91) and you might have some luck.

SKINY

Lifer
Can you not just swap the moter out ? Seems an easier task lol. Loads of various Toyotas use the same or very similar swappable moters for Windows, wipers etc
Any pics of the moter ?

ari4efe

Member +
Can you not just swap the moter out ? Seems an easier task lol. Loads of various Toyotas use the same or very similar swappable moters for Windows, wipers etc
Any pics of the moter ?
it was also the roof that was unfixable, even if i were to get the motor wired up and running i wouldnt be able to find the railing and canvas for the roof because its so rare