EP91 Projector Headlamps

Jaak

Member +
Hi,

Does anybody know if there is a projector headlamp for the EP91?
Like the EP82's quadlamp.
I have never seen any Glanza with projector lamps and wonder if they do exist?

If not, has anybody done a conversion using one of these?

CLicky

Cheers:drive:

Duff

Member +
No, there is none availabale on the market for ep91s unfortunatly although a member on here did custom make projector lamps, can't remember who it was though! :homer:

Last edited:

Jaak

Member +
Damn, HID's just dont look the same without the projecors. I have seen alot of Civics with those projector halo conversions, and it looks schweet.
I guess it would be a difficult and precision process to create the custom ones.

rob300zx

Member +
Damn, HID's just dont look the same without the projecors. I have seen alot of Civics with those projector halo conversions, and it looks schweet.
I guess it would be a difficult and precision process to create the custom ones.

I know what you mean mate, looks so much modern with projector lamps if you ask me and better for safety (IE: not blinding people unlike ours). Wonder if its possible to mod a set of EP82 lights onto a glanza as ive thought about this but would need a fair bit of work if its to work properly.

Jaak

Member +
I know what you mean mate, looks so much modern with projector lamps if you ask me and better for safety (IE: not blinding people unlike ours). Wonder if its possible to mod a set of EP82 lights onto a glanza as ive thought about this but would need a fair bit of work if its to work properly.

Those projectors that you can buy from ebay cost around £40, but you will need to cut the headlamp open and fit the projector. Wonder how difficult that would be?
And what tools would a person need?

rob300zx

Member +
No idea mate and tbh I wouldnt fancy trying it, I dont know how it would stand on MOT regulations either, Id imagine it would be a right bugger to do.
If you did manage to do it, it would make the rest of the lighting unit pretty useless as the light wouldnt need to be spread around the inside if using a projector style headlamp.

You'd need something like this in my opinion - seperate parts, HID on the left compartment, and full beam on the right, or like the EP82 lights.

z32headlight.jpg

Have a go and tell me how you get on :D

Rob

Jaak

Member +
No idea mate and tbh I wouldnt fancy trying it, I dont know how it would stand on MOT regulations either, Id imagine it would be a right bugger to do.
If you did manage to do it, it would make the rest of the lighting unit pretty useless as the light wouldnt need to be spread around the inside if using a projector style headlamp.

You'd need something like this in my opinion - seperate parts, HID on the left compartment, and full beam on the right, or like the EP82 lights.

z32headlight.jpg

Have a go and tell me how you get on :D

Rob

Cheers Rob, I was thinking MOT/NCT would have a problem with it. Anyways, I was just bored thinking of stuff to do with the car. It seems like this projector lights just dont exist for the EP91:(
I pulled the light apart, and it seems if I was able to find a projector housing that would fit in the hole where the bulb sits, then maybe the projector could be fixated in that hole. But the light quality may be degraded. And it could be a pain to set up the alignment 100%.

I'll leave that to the pro's.

If anybody can do this, it would be very popular i think.

rob300zx

Member +
I think it can deffinatly be done mate, will just take abit of time doing drawings etc to see how it could look and if it would actually work but I cant see why it wouldn't.

Just looking at other cars to see how they have done it and think this is something that would need to be aimed for, or very similar.

AudiS4-nose1.jpg

The headlamp is quite similar in size, just slightly different in shape.

Il have a think mate and try to get afew drawings going see how it could work :)

Rob

Jaak

Member +
Anything is possible. There is enough room to add one of those projector housings in the lamp. Cheers Rob

thefalls

Member +
Think that someone on UKSC has done or is it on the australian site? But i have definitely seen it...looks nice...

Johnny_C

Lifer
the 1998 model toyota avensis headlights are very similer in size to the glanza ones,and wouldnt be that hard to turn into projectors.
2462L.gif

71569233_o.jpg

Sigma

Member +
Anybody fancy sending me a knackered Glanza headlamp?

I have a spare quadlight and would be prepared to try for you all.