Exedy Organic Clutch!!!!!

silverGtstu.

Member +
hi justn want some info, bought a exedy organic clutch kit with the 40% uprated cover, cost around £220 just want to make sure its genuine, thde cover was like polished almost chrome, came in a white box, not what i expected, also all parts are exedy stamped apart from the koyo bearing, feels just as light as my standard clutch is this right any help much appreciated, just hope it is genuine and will handle 200hp?:mad:

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
Where did you buy from, ebay? If so Exedy don't actually allow dealers to do this so sounds like one of the "uprated" ones that are not uprated. They should come in Pink boxes.. The retail on the true Exedy organic is just under £300.00. Ask the seller for more information, may be wrong but there have been a lot of these floating around.

The organic has a stiffer feel over the OEM, not massively like a Paddle but definitely noticable,

T

silverGtstu.

Member +
ah

yeah got it from ebay, pedal feels bit better not stiff though and after fitting it it slipped in 4th gear but after a long run its now ok, just hope its actually strong enough, i was expecting a blue/grey or pink box, just clutches is the ppl i got it from, any other help much appreciated

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Yeah blue and grey as well good point, see if it holds. Exedy authorised dealers are not allowed to sell on ebay, it's a good £80.00 cheaper than the retail so I would say its one of those 35% uprated jobbies but hard to say really without seeing it.

Let us know how you get on Dave knows a little more about these as well..

T

silverGtstu.

Member +
called them, they said call back on monday, i'm so hacked off as if its the clutch i think it is but with a polished cover, could have bought one for 80 quid polished it myself, am gutted.

silverGtstu.

Member +
also forgot to mention he sells the cheap 35% ones to so how can he charge double for the same clutch, advertises it in a pink box aswell. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:mad:

Toby@ToyTuning.com

This has been happening for months buddy, wait and see what they say but all I can say if it's too good to be true then it probably is!

T

silverGtstu.

Member +
cool dude, al call them on monday and try my utter most best to sort it, its crazy what ppl are gettin off with these days, makes me wonder why i even bother makin an honest living, lol

Toby@ToyTuning.com

I know what you mean, let's not speculate quite yet see what they have to say and report back can supply part numbers if needed. :)

T

silverGtstu.

Member +
i took a photo graph on my phone but only saw no.s on the shiny pressure plate lol, centre plate was 7m17 and tyd0350, old centre plate said 7f20 and tyd0350, and god knows about the centre plate just a exedy stamp i think!

silverGtstu.

Member +
sorry not very clear, i saw no no.s on the pressure plate only the centre plate. any one post pics of the cover so i can compare with the pic on my phone lol, maybe put my mind at ease.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i agree. something dodgy going on. mine cost about £300, came in a pink box and definitely feels stiffer than stock.

had an "uprated" stock exedy and to look at they are pretty much the same really.

silverGtstu.

Member +
al call the company on monday, it seems to hold the power in 5th but just, the guy has sold like 1200 clutches and has brilliant feedback, i hope they reinburse me with cash or offer to send m a cover, its shite,

adi

Member +
I have a receipt for my car havin an exedy organic clutch and it was 285quid, and not only is it stiff,but it feels a lot like a paddle! Its either on or off!

silverGtstu.

Member +
@ weak boy, yeah thats who i bought it from, but hey its not heavier feels very light, hasnt slipped since yesterday afternoon but, i fear its not got the clamping load i require for 200hp, hope they will be decent when call them on monday,what power you running weak boy?

weakboy2

Member +
well its GT_Elaine who bought off him, and hers came in the pink boxes and is deffo an organic item, and the pedal is a lot firmer. she should be running at least 220bhp and its easily holding