exhaust popping

jamesbaa

Member +
My exhaust has started popping, its got slowly worse, i dont feel it at all in the car i can just hear it! I think the flexi for my nur spec R may be damage and i was wondering if this could cause it to pop!

It happens when off the throttle and when slowing down!

James

CMR

Member +
Popping is normal, especially with a nur spec.
Do you have a decat, as that usually makes it pop more.

If its popping bad on idle your timing may be out.

Gilly2006

Member +
it could be your exhaust leaking, the added oxygen with the exhaust leaking and the unburnt fuel and exhaust temps with lead to popping, also im running slightly lean and my exhaust has given a slight pop every now and then! what colour are your plugs?

jamesbaa

Member +
I think it must be to do with the flexi then! im gona get under the car tommorow and see how bad the flexi is damaged...

Ooomoo

Member +
popping is awsome lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I`ll put money on your cars over fueling, mine does it more after the decats removed

jamesbaa

Member +
I cant see why it would have started over fuelling, it was mapped about 6 months ago, is there any reason why it would change?

yeah its only with the TD04, 330cc injectors, emanage

Spoonz

Member +
my nur spec popsbangs flames its lush i noticed mine to pop more but thats cause i have the window down more :)

thorpy

Member +
mines popping more aswell lately i put it down to my manifold being cracked again though

i had it welded up only a few months back aswell :(

Gilly2006

Member +
I cant see why it would have started over fuelling, it was mapped about 6 months ago, is there any reason why it would change?

yeah its only with the TD04, 330cc injectors, emanage

check your exhaust and decat for cracks, if air/o2 leaks in it will pop. its the only thing i can think of!

dantheman

Member +
guys think james knows abit of popping and bangin is normal on a nurspec but if you read what he's said its started doing it more..

j if theres a leak somewhere it can cause some more backfiring etc, ive still got a nurpec front pipe here thats been messed with but the flexi is still good, if yours needs replacing you can take it