F**king Police

Rossi-GTturbo

Member +
Sorry to post this in here didnt know where else to put it :S
Last nite some copper pulled me over and tryed give me 3 points for my number plate WTF!!! i thought these plates on the back are legal??? Dose any know?

Kelly

Member +
i dont know how you thought that this post belonged in engine/fuelling/turbo but it doesnt :p

also what plate have you got on rear? maybe a pic would help?

Rossi-GTturbo

Member +
That is the number plate he tryed giving me points on? do you know if it is actually ilegal? He was such a moody old basterd aswell i even had to suck up to him to get away with it took ages lol

Kelly

Member +
mines the same and ive never had a prob and mines slightly smaller on front (some rule that jap cars are allowed smaller plate on front coz its import) but not too small!!

dont understand why they pulled you for it?

sx_turbo

Lifer
i would make an official complaint.

he should have given you a slip to say he has pulled you over (they have to) and it should have his id number on it.

your number plate is not illegal i can assure you.

Rossi-GTturbo

Member +
How sure are you that it is not ilegal! can u send me like some prove so then i can make a complant and show them they were F**king wrong!
i did say i am sure it is not ilegal and he said if i was going to argue i would be arrested and we can argue in court lol

sx_turbo

Lifer
How sure are you that it is not ilegal! can u send me like some prove so then i can make a complant and show them they were F**king wrong!
i did say i am sure it is not ilegal and he said if i was going to argue i would be arrested and we can argue in court lol

because i sell number plates at work, and every single jap import has the same style of plate.

Monkfish

Member +
No way in hell is that illegal.

It appears to have the correct font size, style and spacing. Unless the Officer has eyes like a shit-house rat or measured the spacings and font size and they're about 3mm off, he's just taking the piss.

This is my rear plate, which looks identical save for the EU marking and off centre lettering on yours...

DSC_5240.jpg

Never had anyone say a word against it. Infact, no-one's said anything about the front plate, which is the same size as a bike rear plate!

Auto EP82

Lifer
lol he must av just been in a mood m8 all our nunber plates are that size ive been stoped by the police b4 n they did say nuthin bout mine

ikzgtt

Member +
next time they pull you, tell them it is legal as far as you know and if they have any issues, give you the paperwork and fuck off!

they do this to me often but i regulary tell them just give me the paperwork and badge no and il be on my way... 9 out of 10 times, its an excuse for them to pull you and have a look at the rest of your car. it buys them a couple of mins to waste your time and check everyhthing else. hey may not like the look of you but pulling you for a legal reg plate gives them a chance to smell your breath (drinking), smell the car (smiking illegal substances) or just have a better look at the car to do you for something else if they can find summin

they love putting the shits up you!

dont worry, your reg plate is definately fully legal as monkfish said

GT_Neil

Member +
i agree with you guys that its perfectly legal, but a local garage tried to tell me that mine was illegal (which is the same as above)

and it will fail its m.o.t when as there are new laws comming in so that everyones numberplate is exactly the same (no more square plates apparently), no fancy lettering e.t.c and has to have where the car was made and dvla written on it and other stuff.

i was'nt really listening because i did'nt believe him.

???

sx_turbo

Lifer
i agree with you guys that its perfectly legal, but a local garage tried to tell me that mine was illegal (which is the same as above)

and it will fail its m.o.t when as there are new laws comming in so that everyones numberplate is exactly the same (no more square plates apparently), no fancy lettering e.t.c and has to have where the car was made and dvla written on it and other stuff.

i was'nt really listening because i did'nt believe him.

???

talking bolox.

they are not getting rid of sqaure plates.

fancy writing has always been banned,

it has to have the licence number of where the plate itself was made, and a postcode of where the licence plate is made.

Glanza_MK

Member +
Ive never been pulled for either of my plates! Even at my last MOT I took my full size front plate just incase. I specifically asked the guy before it went in if it will pass, he came out and had a look and said it was fine and I know this place are really strict! This is mine:

IMG_0831.jpg

But anyway, as has been said, your rear plate is perfectly legal

the_reaper

Fresh Recruit
dont put in a complaint.........ever

putting in a complaint against a police officer will get you in deep doggy doo.. they will have your number plate and the officer you put the complaint in against will be out to get you. believe me, i put one in a few years back (not anything to do with cars) and the officer has been out to get me ever since. one foot out of line and you'll be f****d

clarkefrazer

Member +
then you just file a harrasment case wich me and my dad done as i was getting stoped 4/5 times a week i recorded them slaberin at me and he lost his job thatl teach the big fat pig there pricks in bangor were i live doing for window tint plates sunstrips and everything at the minute they even took my mates car to a mot centre to see if it would pass mot or not and guess wat it didnt failed him on hid lights theve nothing better to do