FAO Exedy clutch users

Chris@CCM

Member +
ok guys ive fitted a far few Exedy clutchs and driving loads of starlets with them over the past few years and tbh ive have probs with a good few of them . some times they drag and wont come out of gear rite and some times the springs in the centers go and rattle like mad .
now be for ppl say o it was a fake there not there 100% Exedyand ajusted 100% too .
i would just like to hear other ppls views on them i know im not be rushing out to buy one

weakboy2

Member +
IMO Exedy are one of the top manufacturers on clutches, and also produce the TRD units.

My stock clutch was exedy, my subaru legacy clutch was exedy, my organic clutch in my pulsar was exedy and my brand new clutch is an exedy paddle kit and is a dream to drive with tbh.

Never had a problem with them.

Chris@CCM

Member +
IMO Exedy are one of the top manufacturers on clutches, and also produce the TRD units.

My stock clutch was exedy, my subaru legacy clutch was exedy, my organic clutch in my pulsar was exedy and my brand new clutch is an exedy paddle kit and is a dream to drive with tbh.

Never had a problem with them.
any trd clutch new and old i seen was not made by exedy

Gtstu

Member +
Gtmark was using the 30%uprated one the cheapest on his td04setup from an evo 3 when he chucked a rod we changed the engine and the clutch springs were really loose the metal plate had started to split around the springs, but that clutch was given some stick and was not the clutch for the power it was producing. I have a excedy paddle clutch and i cant fault it.

weakboy2

Member +
It is, they have the daikin logo on them, aswell as the TRD logo.

which is the daikin group who are the owners of exedy. Looks like a pair of wings with DK in between IIRC.

Just packaged up a TRD clutch cover, has both stamps. Also look at the TRD metal facing paddle disc, its identical to an exedy cerametallic one pretty much.

Ben89

Lifer
my exedy is rubbish tbh, release bearing rattles like fuck it drags, 100% trust the person who put it in aswell, think i might try a cap paddle instead.

weakboy2

Member +
if the release bearing rattles and it drags its been fitted incorrectly.

sorry but i dont see the point in this thread, unfortunatly due to the nature of a clutch there is always going to be faulty ones, mis-fitted ones and abused ones. Unfortunately the majority of people fit Exedy so obviously there will be more failures!

I would never use a cap clutch myself i think they look cheap and nasty. IMO!!

:p

Chris@CCM

Member +
if the release bearing rattles and it drags its been fitted incorrectly.

sorry but i dont see the point in this thread, unfortunatly due to the nature of a clutch there is always going to be faulty ones, mis-fitted ones and abused ones. Unfortunately the majority of people fit Exedy so obviously there will be more failures!

I would never use a cap clutch myself i think they look cheap and nasty. IMO!!

:p
the rattly will be the springs in the clutch ive fitted a good few and a far share have had probs with them

Chris@CCM

Member +
It is, they have the daikin logo on them, aswell as the TRD logo.

which is the daikin group who are the owners of exedy. Looks like a pair of wings with DK in between IIRC.

Just packaged up a TRD clutch cover, has both stamps. Also look at the TRD metal facing paddle disc, its identical to an exedy cerametallic one pretty much.
i know for sure the sports discs are not the seam

weakboy2

Member +
Covers are.

What clutches do you fit then? I would use ACT and Exedy (TRD) thats about it. Unless it was for a normal car Valeo and Borg&Beck are pretty much top stuff.

TurboDave

Member +
I have had 2 Ededy Organic racing clutches, one turned out to be fake even though it lasted for 12 months at over 220bhp and it was used not just sat on the drive, ohh and it was secondhand off eBay for £35 :haha:.

The second one was a real one and cost me more but was absolutley fine up until the day I sold my GT.

GTti

Member +
TRD and Cusco clutch's are made by Daikin (Exedy)

Aye all exedy items I've seen have the Daikin logo etched in somewhere.

Paddle clutches won't last long on the road, from what the GTti guys have noticed is that the clutches with fewer springs seems to be more prone to them popping out.

ragz

Member +
iv had my exedy paddle clutch on for few yaers now with no problems

truth be told av had a few occasions wer it dragged n stalled the car nothing major

Foggy

Member +
My one does drag every now and again in first but i dont really mind it as long as it can take the power and not slip.