fcon vpro

GlanzaX

Fresh Recruit
Is anyone using a fcon v pro or knows and one using it on there car.
What i would like to know is if the fcon v pro still requires a hks fcd or it has a fuel cut option built into the ecu ?

Timmy

Member +
It's a bit over kill for most peoples set up on here. Not heard of many using it, it has a very fine ignition and fuel map i think they're 32 x 32 where as emanage is 16 x 16. As a result they take alot longer to map which is expensive and the unit is expensive as well. I believe it will eliminate fuel cut. It's probably the best after market ecu option you can get tho other than motech.

Spoonz

Member +
very very very very good ECU seen a 2nd hand 1 sell for 800quid last month.
If u are going for a fully forged big powered car then thats the ECU u want

are these the hks fcon gold yous are talking about yea?

heres what is written about them on the www.rhdjapan.com site

You are viewing the greatest tuning computer on the market, the HKS F-CON V Pro GOLD Ver. 3.24 Type B. This is the last computer you will ever need to use with your car. This is what is said about the F-CON Gold.
The HKS F-CON V Pro is a fully featured standalone engine management system that connects as easily as a "piggy-back" fuel and timing controller or can be used as a stand alone computer. As modifications to a vehicle are made, the need for fuel and timing adjustments becomes critical for performance and safety. The F-CON V Pro with its 32x32 resolution for both fuel and timing maps is the optimal solution. The F-CON V Pro can control up to eight injectors and D Jetro or L Jetro setups. --- Injectors can be set to fire as batch, sequentially or staged. The F-CON V Pro can also read drive by wire vehicles. Programming is done via the HKS Power Writer software; which only Certified HKS Pro Dealers have access to. The HKS Power Writer software for the F-CON V Pro has some very unique abilities to simplify setup and tuning. Via the vehicle start up menus most Japanese import cars can be easily started by selecting the vehicle$B!G(Bs parameters (Make, Model, Engine and etc). Tuning is simplified due to the A/F Feedback control; where a target A/F value can be input and the F-CON V Pro will adjust fuel automatically. Also full data logging capabilities are built into the F-Con V Pro Power Writer software. All major vehicle conditions including; speed, rpm, water temperature, intake temperature, timing, boost, injector duty cycle and etc can be logged to an HKS Pro Dealer$B!G(Bs computer.

The tuners for the Gold are ranked in to two tiers, the expert and the Meister. The Meister level is the absolute master level and is so high that this level is not even talked about by HKS USA or other dealerships outside of Japan. If you are truly serious about tuning one of these we can set up a meeting for a qualified Meister tuner to come from Japan to your country to tune your vehicle. This offer is only for the fully tuned race cars as a we cant send our Meister half way around the world for one boost up rom tune. If you are interested and have a group ready to be tuned please contact us for details regarding this.

boost abuse

Member +
i've got one of these, no idea why it came in my car piggybacked on my blitz access ecu (specific to the k1). I had no idea it was even in the car till it arrived, maybe someone can shed somelight on why the jap nut that had it before me was running £2ks worth of engine management?

sx_turbo

Lifer
i've got one of these, no idea why it came in my car piggybacked on my blitz access ecu (specific to the k1). I had no idea it was even in the car till it arrived, maybe someone can shed somelight on why the jap nut that had it before me was running £2ks worth of engine management?

to get a nicer tune.

the blitz ecu is ok but it's not optimal performance, thats why a lot of japs used piggybacks

Although the F-con V Pro connects as a piggyback all its uses is the cars OE sensors and is a full standalone ECU, so you get the best of both worlds. You need a HKS Powerwriter approved dealer to map it making sure you get the best qualified people to tune the car. IMO one the best ECU's you can have, Paul @ Engine advantages is a certified tuner and give give you expert advice :)

GlanzaX

Fresh Recruit
ok my car seems not to boost pass 9psi i changed the electronic boost controller think that it was faulty , i replaced with a manual one and the same thing . it doesn't seem like a boost cut because check light not coming on it feel like at 9 psi of load something is breaking down i changed coils but still the same thing

Could u experts help me on what other facts may affect this boost limit .
i was also thinking if the ecu came with some sort of limiter built in .
the fcon v pro came with the car from japan

there is no tuner here for that at all