Feedback Request - Menu Bar

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

we have some new features in the pipeline and we are anticipating a new challenge - where do we list everything!

The navbar at the top where you click TGTT Chat, Search, member list etc etc will only hold so many links and so we need a new and more flexible menu system.

The plan at the moment is to keep all of your favourite links on the navbar as they are but move some lesser used links to a new menu system which will hold links to our new sections.

We have been experimenting with various methods of solving this situation such as tabs and lots of different menus but I wanted to get some feedback from members on what they think of a menu system such as the one above ^^ (only viewable to TGTT theme users at the moment).

As you can see from the My Control Panel menu it enables you navigate very quickly to specific pages such as changing your avatar or signature - go on give it a click :)

The content of the menu above is just an example and if used would be changed to contain lots of common links you use on a daily basis.

So... based upon the actual menu navigation rather than the content that is there right now... what do you think of a menu system like this?

thanks for the feedback.

gv1.3

Admin
I like it, although the color of the drop down menu doesn't match any other color?

:) sorry I should have said... ignore the colours... content and location right now :) If people say they will use a menu system like that we will make it all fit in :)

bigdoods

Member +
not sure.im just used to using the way the site is laid out as it is.ya wont teach an old dog new tricks

Kennedy223

Member +
:) sorry I should have said... ignore the colours... content and location right now :) If people say they will use a menu system like that we will make it all fit in :)

Well ye other than the color I like it.

(i know i dont have many posts but i tend to just search the site :))

Gryzor

Admin
Not for me 99% of the time I click "New Posts" in the new system I have to hover over the menu option and then move down and click "new posts" call me a lazy bas**d but its giving me more work to do ;)

Just put Calendar , chat and groups under community and you'll have loads of space..

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
Not for me 99% of the time I click "New Posts" in the new system I have to hover over the menu option and then move down and click "new posts" call me a lazy bas**d but its giving me more work to do ;)

Just put Calendar , chat and groups under community and you'll have loads of space..

yeah if the new posts is on top as a main menu would be great! also much easyer to find trading forums like this!

sx_turbo

Lifer
excelent idea.

although i think the my quick links could be combined into the my control panel bit, and i see you have a quick link for the traders (very good idea), but maybe you could do that for each part of the forum, so you have one for the forsale/wanted section, then another one for the chillout room etc.

just an idea.

gv1.3

Admin
Thanks for the feedback Ill leave this thread open a bit longer and see if anyone else has any opinions.

Also as I mentioned a couple of times already please disregard the content as this is just an example... like "new posts" is not going to be moved from the current navbar.

Gryzor

Admin
Thanks for the feedback Ill leave this thread open a bit longer and see if anyone else has any opinions.

Also as I mentioned a couple of times already please disregard the content as this is just an example... like "new posts" is not going to be moved from the current navbar.

D'oh

gv1.3

Admin
Seems to work well,eventually i take it you'd put members garage in with new posts?

if you mean making the new posts from the members garage display with the new posts ... its on the todo list but for technical reasons is not simple but we are working on it - it will be great when that happens as it should drive much more user traffic to the members garage.