Fensport extended wheels studs

cooz93

Member +
Has anyone used these/currently using them? If so how did you fit them? Went to do it a little while ago but the spline seemed to thick. Any advice? Rep!

_iforget_glanza

Untrusted Seller
if you look behind the hub thers a notch in it, line up the stud u want to knock out first with it and beat it out witha lump hammer, repeat for each stud.

then push the extended studs into the holes left then( this is what i did ) place about 5 washers over the stud and then a bolt.tightend the bold all the way till it pulled the stud through then repeat:)

cooz93

Member +
I managed to get to the stage where I was pulling it through last time.. But then the spline just seemed to thick! Measured standard spline against fe sport and it was thicker. So I stopped. Will I just pull it all the way though? Did yours seem really tight or what?

It is a right pig of a job but yes it will come true but you have to hammer the new stud and tighing the bolt and repeat.the key is to go slow

cooz93

Member +
Just thought they were being a bit too much to pull through.. So stopped incase I broke anything. Can see tomorrow being fun doing all 16:(

I wouldn't fancy doing 16 now in one day. Make sure you go SLOW and hammer as you go to and oil are wd40 the studs and the hole on the hub.make sure you don't make shit of the bearings in the hub as I made shit of them :(.. Be ready tho it is a right bitch of a job. My I ask why you are putting so much work on yourself?

cooz93

Member +
Neither do I:( but I need the car for work so it kinda has to be done. Have a bad feeling about fucking the bearings. Well basically there's a few of them have stripped.. And one has sheered. And I only have extended ones, and don't fancy having some extended and some none extended ones

Will I have 6mm spacers on the front of mine and not a hope I am doing the back. I will burn the car before I do that again.

cooz93

Member +
what wheels have you got? how much thread is sticking out with the 6mm spacers one? kinda worried they might need cut, only have 3mm spacers and rota grids of et40.
have you done the backs before? can see it being stupidly hard

WallaceGlanza

Member +
You make it sound so easy glanzadude!:p

The rears should be easier to do than the fronts as you can easily remove the discs - I had extended studs pressed into them at my work with a hydraulic press, nice and easy that way. ;)

I'm going to be trying to fit extended ones to the front this weekend but hopefully don't find it too difficult!

turbojim

Lifer
iv put loads of these in mate and a hammer is not the way to do it
put the extanded stud through the hole in the hub and put on a bigger size nut to use as a spacer then put on a good mteel wheel nut and use an air gun to pull the stud through alot easier than hammering them in

cooz93

Member +
iv put loads of these in mate and a hammer is not the way to do it
put the extanded stud through the hole in the hub and put on a bigger size nut to use as a spacer then put on a good mteel wheel nut and use an air gun to pull the stud through alot easier than hammering them in

Would there be a chance it would strip the stud though? Ive replaced standard ones a couple of times.. But they seem so fit much smoother

cooz93

Member +
Will I have 6mm spacers on the front of mine and not a hope I am doing the back. I will burn the car before I do that again.

what sort of spacers you got on mate? and where did you get them? got all the bolts on today,, new nuts seem a bit pathetic and can see them stripping. cars going off the end of a harbour if they do

WallaceGlanza

Member +
So did the studs go in ok in the end?

If you just want small spacers you can easily get universal ones off ebay. Just for info you don't need hubcentric ones aslong as the wheel nuts (and wheel nut recess) are tapered - that's what centres the wheels.

turbojim

Lifer
no never stripped a stud thats why i said use a good metal nut mate iv even stopped my air gun and had to use a braker bar and never had an issue

cooz93

Member +
So did the studs go in ok in the end?

If you just want small spacers you can easily get universal ones off ebay. Just for info you don't need hubcentric ones aslong as the wheel nuts (and wheel nut recess) are tapered - that's what centres the wheels.

After a bit of blood sweat and tears they did. Have a set of 5mm universal ones.. But it just seemed a bit sketchy when they were on. How the spacer itself didn't fit onto the hub, where the spigot would normally fit, and how the wheel now had nothing to rest on

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Did you use an air gun in the end too?

I've got universal 5mm spacers on the rear of mine at the moment (doubled up to give me a 10mm spacer) and they're fine. They don't centre on the hub either and as I said they don't need to - there should still be enough metal on them for the wheel to sit against though!

cooz93

Member +
Half air gun, half hammer.
So it will be fine if the spacer isn't snug to the hub like a spigot ring would be? And it will e okay for the wheel to just be supported by the wheel nuts and not the nuts and also the lip on the hub? If you get me..

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Oh well, hopefully I get on ok without the airgun!

Yeah fine, the wheel isn't really supported by the hub at all. My wheels don't have spigots and are nowhere near touching the hub centre.

cooz93

Member +
Oh well, hopefully I get on ok without the airgun!

Yeah fine, the wheel isn't really supported by the hub at all. My wheels don't have spigots and are nowhere near touching the hub centre.

What's the offset on your wheels mate? Dunno how much spacers I'll need