Figures on Emanage???

ChrisW

Lifer
Right, well once I finally get hold of an SPS mani and de-cat, Im ready to run 1 bar with the use of an emanage! I was curious as to what figures people think I could achieve with my spec as Im kind of hoping for the top end of CT9 power :). My spec is, or will be as follows;

CT9a
Autobahn FMIC
SPS Mani
SPS de-cat
Cat-back 2.5" exhaust
HKS adjustable actuator
Greddy ProfecB Spec2 EBC set at 1bar
Greddy Emanage blue with ignition, injector and boost sensor harness's,
Magnecore leads
NGK Irridium Sparks
HKS shroom filter in stock position at minute
Blitz BOV
and an Exedy Organic Clutch.

I would love to make 180bhp with a similar torque figure if I could. With the ignition harness etc I think it's possible maybe in terms of torque?? What do you think??? Thanks in advance!

Hi mate,

Whats the SPS mani ? I mean what type is it, as this will effect your figure considerably, especially torque. Iv not had a starlet dyno'd ever but tbh I think it maybe possible you get 180 bhp @ flywheel but not 180lb torque based on you running around 14/15 psi. Leaving BHP/torque to a side, If I were you, running the standard turbo, Id use an external wastegate, relocate the open filter (maybe towards front end of car), and use an rx7 or ARC TMIC to get the best out of it of the little turbo on these.

Do you plan to run 1/4 mile etc?

Chris@CCM

Member +
y a external wastegate ? the stock one dose the job grand and if u r geting creep just port it easy . imo a topmount will never be as good as a fmic the wee ct9 make a lot of heat at higher boosts. the sps manifold is the seam as what im using bud made by dane off the site

y a external wastegate ? the stock one dose the job grand and if u r geting creep just port it easy . imo a topmount will never be as good as a fmic the wee ct9 make a lot of heat at higher boosts. the sps manifold is the seam as what im using bud made by dane off the site

Hi,

Valid opinion, but I personally would prefer external for a few reasons:

- Why give it the chance to creep?
- Get the most out of the litlte turbo
- The sound of the external wastegate :)
- Better boost control
- Not much difference in costs (I.e. wastegate same or slightly more than like a HKS Actuator and thn just getting a manifold with external wastegate compatibility and welding the turbo)

But as you say If you are controlling boost fine with the Actuator and an external wastegate doesnt appeal fair enough. Comes down to what you prefer then.

As for TMIC v FMIC, a TMIC would give you better response low down (which imo the standard turbo on these cars is all about) hence my choice. The standard turbo isnt really good in its top end and runs out so why not concentrate on its capabilities :)

Mike@TD.co.uk

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.Tuning
i'll agree with you on the external wastegate, but its gonna take some convincing that a TMIC is better than a FMIC, even on a CT9 :p

The response is still there with the FMIC, the air is just sooo much cooler as it goes into the engine :D

Hi,

Lol. The air is maybe cooler, however, look at the piping on a FMIC v TMIC ? The shorter gap means quicker cycle hence more response, trust me ;).

WallaceGlanza

Member +
The intake in the stock position will restrict it a bit, but you should still see 170 and up, I have basically the same mods with the filter frount mounted and made pretty much 190bhp, you're only going to get a little more than that if any from a stock ct9 and engine.;)

Also on the fmic vs tmic classic battle, as long as the piping isn't rediculuous the fmic will definately be better, my piping is pretty much as direct as it can be and it suffers no lag at all.

Chris@CCM

Member +
Hi,

Valid opinion, but I personally would prefer external for a few reasons:

- Why give it the chance to creep?
- Get the most out of the litlte turbo
- The sound of the external wastegate :)
- Better boost control
- Not much difference in costs (I.e. wastegate same or slightly more than like a HKS Actuator and thn just getting a manifold with external wastegate compatibility and welding the turbo)

But as you say If you are controlling boost fine with the Actuator and an external wastegate doesnt appeal fair enough. Comes down to what you prefer then.

As for TMIC v FMIC, a TMIC would give you better response low down (which imo the standard turbo on these cars is all about) hence my choice. The standard turbo isnt really good in its top end and runs out so why not concentrate on its capabilities :)
i like ur view dude ! sorta glad we all dont think the seam way as there would not be much to look at on hear lol as mike says even with a fmic there is pritty much no lag :) tbh i know the stock turbo is not that good top end but its not all that bad my car pulls hard even at the top end

ChrisW

Lifer
Thanks for the response chaps!

As for the external wastegate, the stock internal one suits me down to the ground at the minute. Im not too fused about it as I hope to be going hybrid in a couple of months so that should cure any creep that I have, not that Im suffering at the minute! Fingers crossed :p!