filter relocation ideas (with aircon)

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
want to relocate the filter but i still want to keep aircon, anyone got any ideas where i can put it? pointing down at the floor maybe?

Adam_Glanza

Member +
thats about the only way with the aircon still in, or you can mesh the turbo inlet instead and run no filter which gives a slight gain

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
ideally i want to keep a filter, do people who relocate them to the front bumper notice any real gains over the stock position, i'm just wondering if the hassle is worth it?

supernova

Member +
Yeh i would really like to see this too, especially in a glanza. I have seen before, one where they relocated to infront of the battery and relocate the water bottle to the back. Would one of those samco turbo pipes (one where the same shape as the stock filter pipe) make any difference as i think the corners of my stock pipe are bending at high revs causing restricted air flow...

TurboDave

Member +
The main reason you need to re-locate your filter is to bin the EFI pipe, if you have seen how restrictive it is where it joins the turbo then you will realise.

The other reason is that right at the back of the engine bay the air isnt exactly nice and cool.

I dont understand why people want to keep aircon we can only use it for like 2 days a year anyway.

sx_turbo

Lifer
on gt's if you cut a small peice of the front panel out, just underneath where the horn sits, you can relocate then.

i'm not sure on glanzas

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
want to relocate the filter but i still want to keep aircon, anyone got any ideas where i can put it? pointing down at the floor maybe?

Go down and under like the WEPR front mount piping, then bring it back up to the usual position, bam, job done.

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car
I meant normal position for front mount filters, hence down and back up.

monka

Member +
on gt's if you cut a small peice of the front panel out, just underneath where the horn sits, you can relocate then.

i'm not sure on glanzas

you what, that with or with out air con? never heard of that route before, cant even see how

also if you havent got abs, get abs models water resourvoirs, and put the filter behind the drivers headlight

Last edited: