Find it Annoying

turboflow

Member +
People that dont own a starlet but still use this forum and ask us questions about cars we are not enthusiasts for. I may be speaking out of turn here but this is the only forum ive belonged to and it may happen on all but it just annoys me. I can under stand if u own a starlet and ur asking about ur other car that may be a daily driver and its broken, in that case happy to help but when people come on and say just bought a volvo or a fiat how can i make it better... well really mate, i dont care i dont have one.

correct me if im being an idiot but just seems to grind my gears.

Craig_GT

Lifer
I think its people who have already owned starlets and buy somethin else who stick arround, i intend to stick around too if am honest.
I dont own a starlet anymore but i still help out other members when i can as iv had a bit of experience with breaking them and tuning them.

There are alot of people on here who are mechanically minded mate, not just about Starlets so if your a member on here and have been for many months then i cant c why people wouldnt ask for help about something else if they think someone on here might have the answer.

After all buddy, it is a car forum! ;)

think someones just lit the fuse on your tampon tbh :p

dan

Member +
Its only because this forum is awesome so people just wanna stay here, I don't blame them!

true, I havnt owned a starlet in nearly 2 years but ive made some good friends threw the site and as craig said I like to help out were I can (alltho very little) but still, its a great forum with a great bunch of people.

Rory

Lifer
Its possibly hard to find another community like this, where you can get techy info from members easily.

Ill help out on any other marques where i can, i personally think its a bit narrow minded what you have said.

Thats my opinion on it anyway.

Guye

Lifer
"I don't care. I don't have one" is just rude. All the same. I cannot see myself be able to offer useful technical advice about a car I have no experience working on.

People that dont own a starlet but still use this forum and ask us questions about cars we are not enthusiasts for. I may be speaking out of turn here but this is the only forum ive belonged to and it may happen on all but it just annoys me. I can under stand if u own a starlet and ur asking about ur other car that may be a daily driver and its broken, in that case happy to help but when people come on and say just bought a volvo or a fiat how can i make it better... well really mate, i dont care i dont have one.

correct me if im being an idiot but just seems to grind my gears.

Simple.. dont click onto there threads.

Imo it doesnt bother me in the slightest! Some of the guys that dont even have starlets dish out some of the best information!

J

*JO*

its prob cause everyone is so helpful. if i posted on any other site about a mechanical or technical question (especially about my starlet) they wouldnt have a clue :confused: like a few members ave said eg Craig GT and Dan they dnt own a starlet anymore but has been more than helpful towards me in helping with mine so maybe the word has spread and that why people are joining for mechanical advise bout all makes and models of cars :) xx

Guye

Lifer
Simple.. dont click onto there threads.

Imo it doesnt bother me in the slightest! Some of the guys that dont even have starlets dish out some of the best information!
That's likely because many owned starlets/glanzas in the past, did extensive experimentation with several setups then moved on to other motors. Many are still members long after the starlets are gone. The thing that saddens me is that there are starlet and 4efte gurus who no longer post frequently in the tech sections because over the years they have become fed up with seemingly the same questions being asked. I can understand the frustration, but it's a loss for the site. When they do post, it is evident that their starlet knowledge is 1st class.

Last edited:

billybob

Untrusted Seller
mybe if people do have other cars and need some help sure its good to give opinion on it if you know something what could be wrong. better to try and fix it yourself then paying someone money to do it for ya:):):):):):)

turboflow

Member +
i think i worded it wrong. not previous owners of starlets that are the issue its people that dont own a starlet and have no intension of owning one that come on and give their what for. I do find this forum extremely helpful and i enjoy helping others, i have met up with quite a few members in person when they have had problems and helped them fix it. I get the impression that other car forums are not as helpful as this one. i didnt post this to anger people by the way just something i think when they come on i think to myself "y r u on here suggesting rediculous things when u have no experience with the car.

That's likely because many owned starlets/glanzas in the past, did extensive experimentation with several setups then moved on to other motors. Many are still members long after the starlets are gone. The thing that saddens me is that there are starlet and 4efte gurus who no longer post frequently in the tech sections because over the years they have become fed up with seemingly the same questions being asked. I can understand the frustration, but it's a loss for the site. When they do post, it is evident that their starlet knowledge is 1st class.

agreed the names i can think of like hardcoreep and sagittarius sheer guru but never hear from him.

Kelly

Member +
Thing is the site isn't purely about starlets its a toyota turbo site. In the old days there use be sections for every other toyota turbo model car too. But obviously the starlets kinda are the main car on here now.

I would like to thing if needed i could post up a technical question about my legnum on here (even though i would prob post it on club vr4 first) but its just i know the're are many members on here who work at different car garages and are very mechanically minded. Also suprisinging how many members on here have/had a wide variety of different cars.

Derek

Lifer
Ive been a member on here for a few years now and long since moved on from the starlet have a scooby now, the reason i stay around is because its the best forum on the net bar none, the wealth of knowledge on the site. and lets face it were all here for the same reason we love cars so don't see what the big deal is. if you see a thread about another car don't read it.

I_<3_Boost

Member +
Ive been on other websites, like sxoc and driftworks, and v3m and none of them are as helpful, ive old my starlet about a month ago, and I still check this site normally daily, just becuase its the best ive been on.

eg6b18c

Member +
This forum is not a Starlet owners club buts its a place where people share at intrest in Starlets. If im wrong then just kicked out all us members that dont have Starlets.

Dan3SGTE

Member +
Even though i personally will refer to my other forum for technical advice on my EK9 if needed, I dont agree with what you have said in your first post.

I think this is a community where alot of people know eachother rather then just a little toyota car club. I feel its a bit more then that to alot of members such as myself.

Thats what makes this place great, the main people are very welcoming to other cars etc and will give anyone a chance regardless of their car. The people that ask for advice on here that dont even have starlets obviously think highly of this forum, so look at it as a compliment :)

As ive said before, i personally love all sorts of cars, and love to see all kinds and talk about all kinds. Some on here dont have this attitude though as its been proven. Such as yourself, Thats how youve come across.