fitted 4 branch... quick question

glanza_kow

Member +
alright

Ive just fitted a blitz 4 branch exhaust mani to my glanza.

Would you recommend heat wrapping it or leaving it as it is? Ive seen manifolds cracking with the extra heat caused off the wraps. Anyone had this problem on the glanza?

Cheers

ALaN

Member +
heat wrapping doesn't reduce the life of all manis, if the runners flow well enough that there are no hot spots you'll benefit from wrapping but if it doesn't flow well enough it'll dramatically reduce the life by exposing it to temps beyond its limits.if the metal is thick enough (3mm) it'll be fine but even then your relying on the welds being spot on and if its stainless runners with mild steel flanges and a dissimilar filler rod hasn't been used it'll tear itself apart with too much heat.most of the time its just your luck and how you drive it.i've got my 3mm stainless mani wrapped.

glanza_kow

Member +
well the blitz mani has already cracked, its been welded professionally and Ive fitted it again

Wrapping hot parts doesnt mean they wont crack lol! This blitz manifold WAS heat wrapped and it still cracked.

Hence why I asked your advice, as Ive seen on a few jap motors Ive owned and worked on that maybe heat wrapping isnt the mirical its hyped up to be.

I think the last comment on your own luck and how you drive the car is probably true.

Just wondered as you lot have more experience with this car than I have lol

glanza_kow

Member +
Blitz 4 branch mani ?

Its news to my ears.......

Yeah so I hear aswell, it came with the car in the blitz box with the proper blitz decat. I thought blitz manifold hummmmm

Spoke to the owner and he said its a blitz manifold but I cant see any marking on it to be honest, and I didnt think it would have cracked slightly if it was a blitz product.

But as Im finding out, dont take word as gospel. Wouldnt be suprised if it was just an ebay jobby lol

Dane_Bristol

Member +
You got any pics cause i feel the owner has spun you a fake storey. I am not aware of any blitz manifold on the market for the Starlets. Decats and exhaust systems yes, but manifold i dont think so.

glanza_kow

Member +
Yeah mate thats exactly what I thought aswell, its defo a blitz decat mind you, defo a blitz bov and in the same 'box' as the mani, beleived to be 'blitz'

Ive done a search on ebay, and the twisted turbo manifold looks quite familiar to what Ive just fitted!!

Feeling quite gutted to be honest lol

Any manifolds to recommend?

scot-ish

Member +
its not really a 4 branch either lol, it may hav 4 branches as all, but on a tubby, it aint really classed as a 4 branch

manifolds to recomend lol, well dane would have been yer man a few weeks ago, but i believe he has stepped down, and dont do it anymore, may have some left???

there is a trader on uksc who sells them, race tech i believe. could try there

is the blitz decat cast?? and does it say blitz on the side of it??

glanza_kow

Member +
yeah mate lol, its the proper blitz decat thankgod

made me wonder aswell why there was no clear 'blitz' marking like on the decat etc but ahh well, I got it for nowt and shame coz the lad paid £400 Im told lol

I'll try check it out, might go custom, I know a good place up here im sure they could manage if I dont source one otherwise