Fitting 17's

Stevie

Fresh Recruit
I was thinking of getting some nice road wheels in 17", do they fit alright with coilovers? Anything I should look out for while fitting them?

WallaceGlanza

Member +
Anything I should look out for while fitting them?

Kids going past doing this....

simpsons_nelson_haha.jpg

:p

Seriously though they will slow the car down and make it handle worse due to the extra weight.

Kushal

Member +
17"s

hey mate..got 17"s on my car..sure its a bit slow an not very confy..
but do like the look of it..
i've got D2 shicks n tyres 205/40 R17
here's some pics..

28022010230.jpg

Dsc01855jpgsddvvs.jpg

will be going for 15"s OZ soon though

Last edited:

Fizturbo

Member +
I was thinking of getting some nice road wheels in 17", do they fit alright with coilovers? Anything I should look out for while fitting them?

Don't do it :holdit:
I had 17s on my car and it was a horrible ride n handling also kills the performance.

Stevie

Fresh Recruit
Ok ok I wont do it :haha:

I would like some decent sized wheels/tyres to fit on my new car, what would people recomend?

These are for road wheels, I plan on having a set of 15's for track days :drive:

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
What colour is that!? Especially with the carbon bonnet I think that looks awsome! I have 15's myself but would be curious to try 14's.

Skidz

Fresh Recruit
People who say you dont wanna go any bigger than 15s have no clue at all.

Why do you think that mate? My old mr2 had 17's, but just before I sold it I put original 15's on, and was amazed at how much nicer it was too drive! Big wheels are for posers IMO, for driving, small wheels are better in everyway, thats why toyota fitted them as standard.

Why do you think that mate? My old mr2 had 17's, but just before I sold it I put original 15's on, and was amazed at how much nicer it was too drive! Big wheels are for posers IMO, for driving, small wheels are better in everyway, thats why toyota fitted them as standard.

Have you ever tried a lightweight set of 16s? practically no difference in weight to say a normal set of 15s.

yeah o agree rolling distance has a place although the difference in the distnave to say 15s and 16s is not going to be amazing noticeable like theres a 20 bhp diff if you get me