fitting a pulsar top mount intercooler

mikeylove

Member +
hey guys how much work is it fitting a pulsar top mount and is it a case of getting the right hoses for it and modding them !!

cheers mike

Gilly2006

Member +
hey guys how much work is it fitting a pulsar top mount and is it a case of getting the right hoses for it and modding them !!

cheers mike

heya bud. i wouldn't bother. get a front mount, much better cooling front a front mount. you get quite alot of heat rising from the engine when you have a top mount so its not worth it.
if you can buy a front mount then do. even buying a front mount intercooler off ebay and building your own piping isn't hard.
anyway just my opinion.:)

mikeylove

Member +
but say i had this intercooler free of charge and having just spent £2000 on a holiday and cant afford to buy a front mount atm lol!!!

Gilly2006

Member +
but say i had this intercooler free of charge and having just spent £2000 on a holiday and cant afford to buy a front mount atm lol!!!

well thats fair enough. anything is better than the stock top mount. if money is a problem then go for it. but if you can address a front mount abit later on then go for it.:)

mikeylove

Member +
in the future i will be getting a greddy front mount but for noe the biger pulsar unit will have to do lol

Gilly2006

Member +
no worrys! im sure you will be allrite running stock boost with a pulsar top mount. it will do more gud than bad with the old stock top mount! to be honest you don't have to fork out fortunes for a front mount. Goldenvtr on the Site ran 240bhp on a landrover intercooler that cost him about 60 quid. so unless your going for 300bhp+ for the money greddy isn't worth it. your just paying for the name. just my advice.

mikeylove

Member +
ok cool is it possible to run 1 bar on a pulsar top mount though, that is the main question i need answering.

cheers mike

king_stu

Member +
You can run 1.bar on standard IC. Although it would be very effective at cooling lol. I'm pretty certain you can, just unsure how you plum it in.

tucka

Member +
when i fitted the rx7tmic i was doing it at my mates house and he has a pulsar and we sat his tmic on mine to see what we would need, doesnt look like it would be to hard to fit, its just a case of sitting it on your engine and do some messureing to work out what hoses you need!

jezza

Lifer
I tried and failed at fitting a pulsar intercooler as a top monunt. It's bigger than you might think. The bonnet only shuts when you remove the bonnet vent. It might squeeze in if you're willing to attack the reinforcement structure under the bonnet.

I ended up fitting it as a fmic but didn't keep it for long as the pipe work increased the turbo lag quite significantly.

I'd go for the tried and tested method and use a rx7 top mount. Alternatively, there may be another compact intercooler out there.