Fitting lowering springs

Big_Daddy

Member +
Will be changing the springs over later on, just wondering how much tension are springs compared to normal car? Some one told me you can do it with out compresser when removing/fitteing new springs as this saves time. Ive got compresser any ways as the safe side just being cautious.

Big_Daddy

Member +
Yeh i herd they deadly if the smack you in the face. I baught some compresser from halfrauds, do the job and return em when finished. lol

Big_Daddy

Member +
I may just keep em, the looke good quality and heavy duty

How do you remove the top mount on the rear suspension leg? when i twist the nut, the whole shock moves and i cant open the nut with middle thing moving around

Big_Daddy

Member +
Googled it, dont have impact driver! what other alternative do i have? beside beat it to death against the wall!!

ChrisGT

Member +
Googled it, dont have impact driver! what other alternative do i have? beside beat it to death against the wall!!

God that was a right pain! Basically you need a very small spanner, maybe 7-8mm that goes onto the top of the shock. You can then undo it and remove the top mount! Very slow to do!

ChrisGT

Member +
Look here:

DSC00334.jpg

The black bit of the shock that protrudes out above the topmount has flats. Get a small ring spanner on there and you can then have a go at the big nut that holds the top mount on. This will stop the entire shock from spinning when you try to undo it!

Well, thats how I did it anyway :S

dac69er

Super Moderator
Look here:

DSC00334.jpg

The black bit of the shock that protrudes out above the topmount has flats. Get a small ring spanner on there and you can then have a go at the big nut that holds the top mount on. This will stop the entire shock from spinning when you try to undo it!

Well, thats how I did it anyway :S

thats the way it should be done with normal tools mate. i just had the luxury of battery tools that did the job in a couple of seconds ;)