Fluttering Sound After Blow-Off

Muddy_fox

Member +
Hello! mates,

I have this problem (fluttering sound after blow-off) after the mechanic adjust the throtlle.

The problem started when I asked our mechanic to adjust the idling rpm, for me it's high (1.2k RPM cold, 1.1k RPM hot). The mechanic adjusted the TPS, idle stop screw, and the screw above the TPS. But he was unable to make the idle below 1k RPM. Now, I have this fluttering sound after blow-off and the power is not same as before.

What could be the problem? what do I need to do?

Thanks and regards

Spoonz

Member +
check he never broke any vacum lines acound the tps areas and check the vacum on the actual bov

munday

Member +
Is your BOV adjustable? The fluttering sounds like its causing a bit of compressor surge (which isnt a problem at all)

Muddy_fox

Member +
check he never broke any vacum lines acound the tps areas and check the vacum on the actual bov

I'll check if some vacuum hose are loosen-up.

If ever everything is in place, is it because the throtlle position senson were adjusted?

thanks

Muddy_fox

Member +
Is your BOV adjustable? The fluttering sounds like its causing a bit of compressor surge (which isnt a problem at all)

My BOV is stock. Will there be a problem? I'm experiencing longer response and if I'm on 4th gear the boost gauge showing pressure but no power drive.

Sheldon

Malta Area Rep.
i would check the TPS after him! why did he touch the tps just for setting the idle??

touching the idle stop screw on mine put the TPS out!

Muddy_fox

Member +
then it will flutter if u have the standard recirc

I'm just wondering since I don't hear fluttering sound. But after the mechanic adjusted the throtlle the fluttering sound occur.

I'm just thinking if it is something to do with the idle stop screw, if the butterfly is totally closed (since the mechanic lowered the idling), there is fluttering and if the butterfly have some space or little air still pass thru the throttle when you take-off your foot on the accelerator there is no fluttering.

Monkfish

Member +

Compressor surge is a massive problem and wholly different from compressor stall, which is what Muddy_fox is experiencing. :teach:

munday

Member +
Compressor surge is a massive problem and wholly different from compressor stall, which is what Muddy_fox is experiencing. :teach:

Compressor surge is when the turbo is producing more air than the engine can take in yes? When you close the throttle.....the turbo is producing more air than the turbo can take in. The compressor wont be stalling, way too much inertia and momentum for that to happen.

So by definition its surge and not stall

Muddy_fox

Member +
Compressor surge is when the turbo is producing more air than the engine can take in yes? When you close the throttle.....the turbo is producing more air than the turbo can take in. The compressor wont be stalling, way too much inertia and momentum for that to happen.

So by definition its surge and not stall

Should I adjust the idle stop screw to open-up a bit the throtlle when I remove my foot on the accelerator to allow some air to pass thru the throtlle?

Thanks

munday

Member +
Should I adjust the idle stop screw to open-up a bit the throtlle when I remove my foot on the accelerator to allow some air to pass thru the throtlle?

Thanks

That will raise your idle, there is nothing wrong with the noise it is making, so if everything else is fine....i would leave it be

Muddy_fox

Member +
You said its not producing power as before so you should check yout TPS as if that is out you will loose power!

Yup, I'm planning to trouble shoot my TPS this week-end.

1st-3rd gear no problem with the power but 4th-5th gear almost no pull/push from the engine. The problem is this, when I was running on a 4th or 5th gear for sometime and I want to suddenly increase my speed, the boost gauge showing pressure but the RPM is not going up. But if from 3rd gear to 4th gear to 5th gear there is no problem with power.

Do you think it is also because of the timing or only incorrect TPS?

Thanks

Guye

Lifer
Yup, I'm planning to trouble shoot my TPS this week-end.

1st-3rd gear no problem with the power but 4th-5th gear almost no pull/push from the engine. The problem is this, when I was running on a 4th or 5th gear for sometime and I want to suddenly increase my speed, the boost gauge showing pressure but the RPM is not going up. But if from 3rd gear to 4th gear to 5th gear there is no problem with power.

Do you think it is also because of the timing or only incorrect TPS?

Thanks
If everything was fine before the TPS was adjusted I would only look to the TPS to cure the issue not the timing.

Muddy_fox

Member +
I just finished correcting the TPS... wheewww!!!

I just need to run the car this time but don't have the time yet. Hopefully everything will be OK. :)