fog lights/spot light fuse or relay location

russyb

Member +
have installed fog lights on my 96 spec glanza used original loom wires that were located behind bumper found switch which lights up and checked bulbs but still no fogs ?
can only think its a fuse or relay but where would i locate the fuse or relay as ive looked under steering wheel and under bonnet but cannot find correct one
any help will be a bonus

russyb

Member +
no i dont think it does but my switch seems to have been replaced at some point with a aftermarket round one with a light on it

Jay

Admin
Just trace the wires mate. If they head backwards then that'll explain why you aren't getting power to your front foglamps lol.

The standard front foglamp switch needs to found before you go any further. If it's not there the plug could just be lying behind the dash. Looks like this and is on the righthand side of the steering wheel (the switch on the right):

june008.jpg

russyb

Member +
cheers
did a little detective work in the dark and i have found that the switch that should be my front fog is actually my rear so when its light i gotta find the front foglight loom any pointers where i might find it whats it look like ie colour etc ?

Jay

Admin
I don't have a pic of the front foglamp plug unfortunately. Remove the lower dash panel for access and see if you can figure out what they have done. You will probably need to take pics to explain what you find lol.

russyb

Member +
ok opened it all up today to reveal very little unless the white rectangle shaped plug is the fog plug and i have a stray red wire just loose (pictured)
2012-07-06161415.jpg

weeJohn

Lifer
Does that white plug fit onto the fog light switch? Its quite easy and there has been lots of threads about fitting a rear fog light and switch. As the wires are already there for the rear lamp, all you need to do is fit a switch. Then you can reinstate the fronts and see if it all works.

russyb

Member +
i dont know if it fits into stock front switch as i dont have one just a aftermarket for the rear in place of the standard, i was kinda hoping someone might tell me if the white plug is the stock plug for the stock switch ?

Jay

Admin
I'm waiting on getting near a Glanza to doublecheck Russ, will take a pic asap for ya.

Jay

Jay

Admin
cheers jay,
im trying to source a oem front foglight switch at the moment to

I can find one for you if you are stuck mate.

Whats the turbo one for? Doesn't look like a low boost one i've seen?

It's an aftermarket turbo timer from Data Systems. Commonly mistaken as an OEM unit because it's so neatly done. 1min and 3min settings on it. Google Concealed Turbotimer II for info.

Jay