for all you young folks!

GT_Irl

Member +
Naturally young male drivers r bein royally screwed by insurance companies. So heres a trick I want you guys to try out:

So my gt is on the way from japland so to keep myself occupied I go hunting for insurance. First quote (tpft) 1787 euro with axa, so I try Hibernian 1994 euro, so I try quinn direct 1759 euro... depression ensues!

So anyway my Dad asks why Im so unhappy so I tell bout the quotes ive been gettin. Neways he says "Ill see what I can do". So he starts ringin ins companies (lookin for quotes for "his son") with me standin next to him, so neways axa 1580 euro, so he takes that quote an rings hibernian 1468 euro an finally quinn 1362 euro!!!:)

Now, keep in mind folks the only thing different between me and him ringin around is that hes obviously considerably older.

So my best friend gets his mum to get quotes for him, low and behold all the quotes she gets for him are at least 100euro cheaper!

Lesson of the day: If you can, get a parent to do your insurance shoppin!

let me know how ye get on!

--- Just to say I don't mean gettin quotes under your parents names- I mean get your parents to ring up and say " my son is lookin to get insured on a...... on his own policy" etc! Jus give it a try guys! ----

Last edited:

GLANZA BOOOI

Member +
got cheaper insurance through my parents too but in the end i just decded to go named driver coz im on a learner licence and payin 1250 for insurance

irishboy

Fresh Recruit
ye not bad quotes im drivin a glanza v got my bird t do it 4 me im 21 only back drivin had 2 year ban an its only 1450 ....O an did i mention im from dublin lol

EP824U

Member +
I did that myself when mine needed insuring, quoting them off against each other lol, Admiral £995 fully comp 1yr no claims

Ted

Member +
most insurance companies have about 40% leeway as i found out last time i renewed my mondeo. renewal was 500 quid, got another quote for 350, went back to current insurer and they matched it.

however i am old with loads of no claims so maybe it depends on how much they want your business

gv1.3

Admin
That sounds very Irish to me :p

at least the insurance companies will quote younger drivers ;) and not just cherry pick those whom they can make the most money off. Builds good customer loyalty, perhaps you should learn from the Irish and not just focus on the short term gain.

irishboy

Fresh Recruit
@ toms ...ye its down as turbo ..but that didnt evan mak a differance as it is only a xtra 5euro a mounth 4 a turbo over a n/a dont no y people hav t lie bout ther car been a turbo ...

TomS

Lifer
at least the insurance companies will quote younger drivers ;) and not just cherry pick those whom they can make the most money off. Builds good customer loyalty, perhaps you should learn from the Irish and not just focus on the short term gain.

Irish insurance companies don't quote under 21's on jap imports

kentris

Fresh Recruit
I found that shoving your parents on your policy makes it cheaper!

I've yet to get a Starlet but I did some quotes and it came to around £2000 as myself F/C, £1300 with both my parents as named drivers!

irishboy

Fresh Recruit
@toms i got insured on my glanza when i was only 20 ......after i got license back i wanted 2 get insured on my birds car rang up axa cause she is insured wit them asked how much 4 me 2 go name driver an i was told 2500 i laughed and hung up ...rang up quinn and same car my own pollacy was only 1350 now try make sense of that ..:homer:

Adam_Glanza

Member +
@ toms ...ye its down as turbo ..but that didnt evan mak a differance as it is only a xtra 5euro a mounth 4 a turbo over a n/a dont no y people hav t lie bout ther car been a turbo ...

with what insurance company is that? thats surely wrong lol 5euro extra for a turbo jap import over a n/a ? i very much doubt it but hey spread the word..

who with?

irishboy

Fresh Recruit
ye tat was all and lucky cause i was already on my way home after buyin t car got my bird t ring and thay said no prob an extra 5er a mounth o ye it was Quinn :rockon:

TomS

Lifer

I think people who are under 21 and want to insure a gt/glanza have no other choice but to insure their cars as non turbo irish models. If insurance companies would even quote under 21s then I think there would be a lot less uninsured / undeclared cars around. I have to wait another month before I can insure my car. I'd rather wait than take the risk to be honest.

irishboy

Fresh Recruit
get insured on a diffrent car 4 bout a week or 2 then just transfer it over ..quinn asked me was it s or v straght out told them v then thay asked was it an import i told them ye and again thay said ok so i dont no wat happend ther but i cant complain .:p

TomS

Lifer
Pardon my ignorance but what's the difference between glanza s and glanza v?:homer:

Sorry for the shameless thread hi jack GT Irl.