for those who want to take advantage...

sx_turbo

Lifer
for all those people who want to take advantage of the strong pound against the week dollar.

the americans sell a lot of uprated cluches on ebay, problem is they dont list a starlet specifically.

so i have devised a list of cars that have the exact same clutch as an ep82 gt and ep91 glanza.

mk1 mr2 1.6 non supercharged 06/85-12/89

corrolla 1.6 89-91

carina 1.6 89-91

with a bit of luck this will help you guys who want a cheap uprated clutch, with out paying the astronomical prices they want over here.

Last edited:

ChrisW

Lifer
Good work sxturbo!

Where did you get the info from to say that they have the same clutches?

Prices are really good to be fair. Only problem being that these clutches havnt been tried and tested I suppose.

gv1.3

Admin
good info.

I was over in New York recently and the price of everything with the exchange rate was so good compared to Ireland. It truely is a great time to go there or buy from american sellers.

Harvey

Member +
You need to be careful there...

That info is slightly incorrect...

Mk1 mr2 had 2 different clutches (well 3 inc the SC)

its the 87-89 MR2 that has same clutch as starlet GT. 85-87 model has a 200mm clutch not 212.

There are also others that can fit ie i fitted a celica 190 VVTiL clutch to my GT however while the clutch is the same the release bearing is not

sx_turbo

Lifer
You need to be careful there...

That info is slightly incorrect...

Mk1 mr2 had 2 different clutches (well 3 inc the SC)

its the 87-89 MR2 that has same clutch as starlet GT. 85-87 model has a 200mm clutch not 212.

There are also others that can fit ie i fitted a celica 190 VVTiL clutch to my GT however while the clutch is the same the release bearing is not

right the mk1 had 2 different clutches. sort of.

they had one type of clutch upto 06/1985, after 06/1985 they ALL had the same clutch that the starlet uses.

all my catalogues i have at work say the same information that i have written in the first post, and i have never sold a wrong clutch.

the catalogues i have at work are :-

LUK
VALEO
SACHS
BORG & BECK
DELPHI (AP LOCKHEED)
FERODO
FIRST LINE

they cant all be wrong surely?

do you work for toyota?

Last edited:

Harvey

Member +
No, i own an aw11 though.

It just general knowledge that up to 86 (i meant 86 not 87) it was the 200mm like an ae86 and after it was 212mm changed at the same time as bigger brakes etc fitted to the aw11.

It is a big group of people though, including usa so it could be that UK got the bigger clutch earlier and the info is just a bit out date wise.

just letting people know so that if they have the option of 2 clutches for the aw11 to choose the later one

sx_turbo

Lifer
No, i own an aw11 though.

It just general knowledge that up to 86 (i meant 86 not 87) it was the 200mm like an ae86 and after it was 212mm changed at the same time as bigger brakes etc fitted to the aw11.

It is a big group of people though, including usa so it could be that UK got the bigger clutch earlier and the info is just a bit out date wise.

just letting people know so that if they have the option of 2 clutches for the aw11 to choose the later one

ok that fair enough. that good info then.