forged 5e question, guideline price **traders look**

scot-ish

Member +
rite, first off, this isnt a dreamer post or anything of the likes, i want serious replies, from people who know, are in the know, or have done this

im gunna be going to sea in march/april time, i know thats a bit away yet, but i'd like to know what its likely to cost for about 5 months, and in that time, i want a car built for me, obv from my one

im not too clued up on what turbo/setup etc

im looking for a price on something like this

a forged 5e setup,
matched turbo setup
diffed box
proper suspension setup

and basically what is needed for this to be a road car, but i want close to 300bhp and still be a daily driver as such, altho i will have another car

so i want to drop my car off, when i go to sea, and come back around 4 or 5months later, clear the bill, and drive off

obv i'd like traders inputs into this, and advice on where to take my car to have this done

thanks in advance, and obv Rep for good advice

Matchew

Member +
Give Dave Burwash a call directly and discuss your options with him fella and there will be alot to discuss i can assure you

gglavin

Member +
my spec lad is fully forged 5e
greedy emanage ultimate mapped @ AFR , 300bhp 1.5bar
550cc injectors
apexi boost controller
exeddy clutch
tdo4 hybrid wepr kit ( awesome power )

cusco braces back & front
rear antiroll
trd bushes

4 pot wilwood kit

all done by Darren & Dave Burwash

+ lots more

scot-ish

Member +
my spec lad is fully forged 5e
greedy emanage ultimate mapped @ AFR , 300bhp 1.5bar
550cc injectors
apexi boost controller
exeddy clutch
tdo4 hybrid wepr kit ( awesome power )

cusco braces back & front
rear antiroll
trd bushes

4 pot wilwood kit

+ lots more

can you send me a pm with a rough guide of what it cost, and where you got it done etc

cheers

scot-ish

Member +
I think something like that would be a good idea.

ive avoided that at the minute due to it being around 8 months away, and thus, they might think it was a no hoper/dreamer sort of thing, hence why i put this post up for now, and am doing a fair whack of reading up aswell

cheers

Matchew

Member +
can you send me a pm with a rough guide of what it cost, and where you got it done etc

cheers

all done by Darren & Dave Burwash[/SIZE]

+ lots more

**EDIT** He's a nice guy fella speak to him mate he wont mind plus all he will say is drop him a pm or give a call you guys can discuss it futher

Last edited:

Blak_Mamber

Member +
^^^ he must have edited his post & added that 'Dave & Darren' bit in after Scot-Ish 'quoted' his post... if ya get what i mean.

@ scot-ish - Call Dave @ Tm-Developments. May be a way for you to drive, but will be 100% worth it as im sure gglavin wil agree :)

Fro

Member +
ive avoided that at the minute due to it being around 8 months away, and thus, they might think it was a no hoper/dreamer sort of thing, hence why i put this post up for now, and am doing a fair whack of reading up aswell

cheers

No harm in enquiring :confused:

Good on you doing your research too :cool:

Matchew

Member +
^^^ he must have edited his post & added that 'Dave & Darren' bit in after Scot-Ish 'quoted' his post... if ya get what i mean

Lol yeah suppose so as said just ring him and he will give the rough prices and closer to the time give you an exact quote

scot-ish

Member +
hope he has lots ££££ wont be cheap, but hel get a good deal im sure

i have about 7-8k for it, maybe more depending on what can be offered. but thats why ive enquired on ere, because from what ive read, everyone with high powered ones, keep the prices a secret, plus, i dont think many people have done it all in one go, which would keep the cost down, instead of me going hybrid ct9, then tdo4 then 5e, just get it all done at one time

cheers

Matchew

Member +
i have about 7-8k for it, maybe more depending on what can be offered. but thats why ive enquired on ere, because from what ive read, everyone with high powered ones, keep the prices a secret, plus, i dont think many people have done it all in one go, which would keep the cost down, instead of me going hybrid ct9, then tdo4 then 5e, just get it all done at one time

cheers

Well a basic re-build will be around 2k but then its extras like cams, valve springs etc then quaiffe diff plus fitted, have budgeted for brakes and handling mods aswell? 7-8k might do it but i reckon with everthing you'll need i fear will be more than that fella

scot-ish

Member +
Well a basic re-build will be around 2k but then its extras like cams, valve springs etc then quaiffe diff plus fitted, have budgeted for brakes and handling mods aswell? 7-8k might do it but i reckon with everthing you'll need i fear will be more than that fella

thats not a problem, handling would more than likely be sorted before the car went in, as i have a few months to get that sorted, and will more than likley have some willwoods by then aswell,

i suppose i will only know from some1 who has went down this route, or some who does this sort of work

cheers for the replies

Matchew

Member +
thats not a problem, handling would more than likely be sorted before the car went in, as i have a few months to get that sorted, and will more than likley have some willwoods by then aswell,

i suppose i will only know from some1 who has went down this route, or some who does this sort of work

cheers for the replies

Yeah but i think no one will tell you what theyve spent tbh, if you've got everthing else sorted then 7-8k should be fine dude, the numbers there give him a bell he wont bite