Forged Build - Setup Guide

Chippy

Fresh Recruit
Hi,

Im building a 4efte engine that im hoping to take down to high 9s- low 10's.

I really want to get a quafe straight cut dogbox that I saw online (https://www.tuningdevelopments.uk/p...tial-gearkit-c52-toyota-starlet-glanza-turbo/) and a fuel tech ecu.

Can anyone here give a list of the best parts (pistons, rods, cams...) i can buy and what i should look to upgrade? Id rather spend more money and have stronger internals.

I want this to be a sunday rocket that I have some good fun with in the quarter mile track, so its important for it to still be street legal.

If I can also get an idea of what number i will be hitting on average, that would be great.

Thanks

SKINY

Lifer
I've had better luck with tuning developments than ID workz.

I wouldn't believe everything you read online....
I had to chase them up numerous times for a few foreign members that have reached out to me, something about a Northern Irish voice makes them get the finger out lol, Mr Trimp was the last 1, they where completely ignoring him and not answering emails and hanging up when he rang.

dac69er

Super Moderator
Sometimes it is peoples differing expectations.

I have quite high expectations though and found them fine.
Always answered the phone. Gave advice if needed, we're flexible with payments. Delivered within a decent timescale, even got me a head gasket sent asap when I needed it.

It wasn't next day delivery every time or anything, but their prices are very good compared to most places and have quite a bit in stock. Any issues I had got sorted quickly too.

Chippy

Fresh Recruit
Sometimes it is peoples differing expectations.

I have quite high expectations though and found them fine.
Always answered the phone. Gave advice if needed, we're flexible with payments. Delivered within a decent timescale, even got me a head gasket sent asap when I needed it.

It wasn't next day delivery every time or anything, but their prices are very good compared to most places and have quite a bit in stock. Any issues I had got sorted quickly too.
I looked further into the gearbox and I wanna give them a call. A friend of mine said that they dont give a suitable bhp rating for the gearbox. If that is so, I will need to look elsewhere. Last thing I want is a 7k gearbox to break on my 2nd burnout

Jay

Admin
I notice you're from Malta, have you had any contact with the Zisco boys?

Was over with Konrad years ago and they seemed to be getting great results at Hal Far :cool:

They could probably give you a lead on what to use and where to shop.