Forum being a real pain in the ass.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Has anyone else noticed its performing really badly lately? I'm constantly getting vbulletin's "database error" screen or firefox's white screen of death. :(

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
yep.. its something to do with the server company.. coz of all the traffic we get it tends to slow down..

last wkend i couldnt log on at all.. not matter what time i tried..

i guess its just a game of patience till macker sorts this out (which hes been doin with the server company)

kon

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Good ol Macker. After the 1 zillionth time of getting the database error screen i emailed him to let him know it was acting up. I'm sure by then he already knew though.

gv1.3

Admin
I have found the site runs much slower than the old one.

Id have to disagree with that. The site has been fine until recently. The old site was always on the verge of keeling over. The available connectivity speed to the server was alot less on the older site too so it was a slower service.

HutchGlanzaV

Member +
Obviously I don't know all the tech stuff that goes on behind the scenes but I never once got timed out or had a database error on the old site. Just an observation, not me having a pop.

TurboDave

Member +
I am not having a pop either its just I do find it slower than the old site the reasons why I dont know. Sometimes I realy struggle with PM's.

Dave

Dave.

Member +
Its all down to the host I'm sure guys :)

Not an admin thing anyway, things like database errors and slow connections are all down to the number of users the host is allowing to connect and/or the speed of the hosts line.

Macker will fix it :)

gv1.3

Admin
good to get feedback guys but Im not sure how much you used the old site... the reason we had to move from it is because it was dying regularly and timeouts were something everyone was experiencing.

The recent slowness and timeouts on here are under investigation still but the general site speed has not been raised as an issue before.

I can only suggest that if after we get the current issues sorted you are still having issues with timeouts etc we can take a look at them then

thanks again for the feedback

ChrisGT

Member +
Yeah got a couple of those errors; but when it has been working its been going fine. How much bandwidth per month does TGTT get through ??

parkiboy

Member +
is it me or...?

Is the forum up and down like a prostitutes knickers at the minute??

seems very unstable!