Forum Upgraded

gv1.3

Admin
Hi all,

the forum software was upgraded this morning causing approx 20 minutes of downtime.

The old version had some security holes which although not serious needed some patching.

This new version is also required to support our new content management system that will drive our new landing page and all of its features.

As with any upgrade some unexpected issues may crop up - I would really appreciate it if you keep an eye out for any unusual happenings on the forum for the next couple of days.

Thanks,

Dylan

Phil

Super Moderator
so are we now officially upgraded to the DEX1357-(j¬¬@XT plus 1?

SCHWEET

Phil

Phil

Super Moderator
wrong thread mate, that random word thread is ruining my life.
this thread is Solely for the thanksgiving to the great the Fantastic
DEX1357-(j¬¬@XT plus 1

so yeah on topic please.

Phil

Last edited:

Phil

Super Moderator
emm.. i cant search its always saying to wait 30 seconds? it wont show me any results.

Phil

Gryzor

Admin
Yep well keep an eye out..
Gremlins-1.jpg

A2KLAU

Member +
I was wondering why it was down this morning.. was soo chuffed it was back up and running after not much of down time!!

Keep up the good work!! My day at work wouldn't be complete without TGTT!

gv1.3

Admin
thats just down to large volume of users. Our new home is being built as we speak so soon the database error will be a thing of the past - thankfully

gv1.3

Admin
for those of you seeing issues at the moment its actually a server problem and not a forum issue. The httpd service crashed on the server blocking all access.

Roll on new server

gv1.3

Admin
some weird stuff going on with the host today. In fairness they are working on it though. It would happen the day we upgrade the forum software, typical!

gv1.3

Admin
Just got a mail from the hosting company advising there was an issue with the server and they had to bring it down.

This is NOTHING to do with the forum upgrade - just a server outage - All should be well now.